posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Expedition canoeing in Tibet or Nepal?

Anyone have any info on any potential 10-14 day self-support open boat trips
in Nepal or Tibet?

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

riverman wrote:
Anyone have any info on any potential 10-14 day self-support open boat trips
in Nepal or Tibet?

--riverman

Myron, I bought the Nepal guidebook by Peter Knowles a while ago. It's
mostly about white water, but I think that there were some stretches
that would qualify as easy (i.e. open boat possible) as well! Maybe that
will help you out?

You might also ask Will van de Berg, a U.S. white water boater who has
lived in Nepal for quite some time. He's a nice guy who probably could
give you some tips as well. I'll gladly send you his email address by
private email (he lives in Afghanistan right now).

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
posted to rec.boats.paddle

"Wilko" wrote in message
riverman wrote:
Anyone have any info on any potential 10-14 day self-support open boat
trips in Nepal or Tibet?

--riverman

Myron, I bought the Nepal guidebook by Peter Knowles a while ago. It's
mostly about white water, but I think that there were some stretches that
would qualify as easy (i.e. open boat possible) as well! Maybe that will
help you out?

You might also ask Will van de Berg, a U.S. white water boater who has
lived in Nepal for quite some time. He's a nice guy who probably could
give you some tips as well. I'll gladly send you his email address by
private email (he lives in Afghanistan right now).

Thanks; you have my email. Glance through Peter's book: I'm looking at a
stretch maybe 150-200 miles, with runnable Class III or portagable class
anything. Shuttle and ground support will be the deciding factor.

Will van de Berg; strangely similar name. You didn't move to Afghanistan,
did you?

--riverman

posted to rec.boats.paddle

riverman wrote:

Thanks; you have my email. Glance through Peter's book: I'm looking at a
stretch maybe 150-200 miles, with runnable Class III or portagable class
anything. Shuttle and ground support will be the deciding factor.

Will van de Berg; strangely similar name. You didn't move to Afghanistan,
did you?

Sorry, no. I'm crazy, but not *that* crazy! :-)
He can also tell you everything you may not want to know about living in
a country that is pretty much a minefield over which people fight... I
can't! :-)

You've got mail (at your yahoo address).

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
---Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.---
http://kayaker.nl/
posted to rec.boats.paddle

What river are you guys talking about?
I just returned from India a month ago and I am going to go back and
head for Nepal early spring.
Any shared info on paddling there would be greatly appreciated.
I'm a open boater too but I would probably be sitting on my butt in a
kayak out there.

Jeff

posted to rec.boats.paddle

"Fedge" wrote in message
ups.com...
What river are you guys talking about?
I just returned from India a month ago and I am going to go back and
head for Nepal early spring.
Any shared info on paddling there would be greatly appreciated.
I'm a open boater too but I would probably be sitting on my butt in a
kayak out there.

Our focus has changed to the NW region of Mongolia. Still researching
rivers, but it seemed that the rivers draining the Himalaya Massif to the
south were either too big, too short, or too bony.

--riverman