Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Need for bottom paint??

Next week, our 2002 Regal 2465 will arrive from Florida to our
boathouse on the Columbia River. The boat has 140 hours on it. It has
never been stored in the water....always lifted out. Here are some
pictures of it.

http://tinyurl.com/ko6uf

The local marina, where it will be delivered to, is trying earnestly to
talk me into getting barrier applied along with bottom paint....roughly
$1400. Horror stories along with years of experience is part of their
speal.

I spoke to Regal, first to customer service, then to a local dealer in
Portland. Both said neither step was necessary. Both claimed that
Regal makes an exceptional hull and that all is required is cleaning
once a year.

I would add that the Columbia never gets above 70 degrees and the
boathouse has some current.

Should I or shouldn' I?

-Greg Schoenberg
Kalama, Wa.

Ps. My wife flew to Florida and personally inspected it, along with a
surveyor. Boat was valued at 35k. We got it for 28k. Shipping,
shrink wrap, marina fees are $4500. The boat will be renamed
to....."She Said Yes."