Default Interest boat docked on the bay.

No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:23:38 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

From the patent app:

"15. The watercraft of claim 1 wherein the module is detachably
coupled to a structure coupled to the flexible members, whereby the
module is replaceable by other modules."

Special Ops insertion craft?

"17. A watercraft comprising: first and second hulls; and,
a module adapted to carry a load above a water surface;

the module being coupled to a structure coupled to flexible members
coupled to the first and second hulls, the module being adapted for
lowering to the water to serve as a lifeboat;"

Believe it or not, that was my first impression - kind of like a sky
crane thing.

I wonder if the Navy is involved in this?

Rough seas usually come with heavy winds included free of charge. This boat
looks like it would barely notice, which would be pleasant while it was
being lowered from a big ship.

wrote:

No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

From the patent app:

--

--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

50' wide boat for special opps? I will go look at it this weekend, as will
be out striper and halibut fishing in the bay.

link.net...

wrote:

No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

From the patent app:

[...]

Not much structure to be seen at night, though. Or, shoot at. The silhouette
could actually be confusing, just long enough for the occupants to get out
and the boat to scram.

DSK DSK is offline

Calif Bill wrote:
No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

My understanding is that this is a vessel for lifting &
moving whales. Some kind of science project; I wonder if the
whales will appreciate it.

DSK

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Calif Bill wrote:
No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

My understanding is that this is a vessel for lifting & moving whales.
Some kind of science project; I wonder if the whales will appreciate it.

DSK

They seemed OK with being beamed onto the starship Enterprise.

news
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:55:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"DSK" wrote in message
t...
Calif Bill wrote:
No one really knows what it is about yet. But is docked locally for a
while.
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/news/06/1018/

My understanding is that this is a vessel for lifting & moving whales.
Some kind of science project; I wonder if the whales will appreciate it.

They seemed OK with being beamed onto the starship Enterprise.

Um...I think they were beamed into a Klingon Bird of Prey if I
remember correctly.

Personally, if I were a whale and I was beamed into a Klingon battle
cruiser, that would scare the hell out of me.

Time travel of not.
--

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Were Klingon's from Uranus?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Um...I think they were beamed into a Klingon Bird of Prey if I
remember correctly.

Isn't that what that "thing" of a boat is, we're talking about?

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Whales? What the heck for?

And how would you get the whale in the sling? Sweet talk it a little?
Perhaps a net full of squid? :)

It looks a little flimsy for hauling a whale out of the water.
Especially if the whale was ****ed off. :)

Or maybe they want to haul the whale back into the water... :-/

It's an interesting craft none the less. But, what if the waves go
higher than 20 feet?

Risto