Default Removing stains

What is the best thing to remove stains on white fiberglass near the water
line. This
boat has been moored in a freshwater river full of mud and pollutants. Tried
scouring powder, and it could not do a complete job.

Tom Tom is offline

I have used On/Off Hull Cleaner and it works well. It's for fiberglass
only, but it works great. Rub or spray it on and wash off about 15
seconds later. Make sure you use it in a well ventilated area.

Sno-Bowl or other toilet bowl cleaners will work well.

What is the best thing to remove stains on white fiberglass near the water
line. This
boat has been moored in a freshwater river full of mud and pollutants.
Tried
scouring powder, and it could not do a complete job.

Barkeeper's Friend brand cleanser... contains oxalic acid and works
miracles. Use gloves.

"Stanley Barthfarkle" wrote in message
et...

What is the best thing to remove stains on white fiberglass near the
water
line. This
boat has been moored in a freshwater river full of mud and pollutants.
Tried
scouring powder, and it could not do a complete job.

Barkeeper's Friend brand cleanser... contains oxalic acid and works
miracles. Use gloves.

Yep! That is what worked for me.

JimH wrote:

"Stanley Barthfarkle" wrote in message
et...
What is the best thing to remove stains on white fiberglass near the
water
line. This
boat has been moored in a freshwater river full of mud and pollutants.
Tried
scouring powder, and it could not do a complete job.

Barkeeper's Friend brand cleanser... contains oxalic acid and works
miracles. Use gloves.

Yep! That is what worked for me.

In most Supermarkets, in the cleaning section, next to the Comet and
Ajax etc. It is also used to clean stainless steel.

JimH wrote:

"Stanley Barthfarkle" wrote in message
et...

What is the best thing to remove stains on white fiberglass near the
water
line. This
boat has been moored in a freshwater river full of mud and pollutants.
Tried
scouring powder, and it could not do a complete job.

Barkeeper's Friend brand cleanser... contains oxalic acid and works
miracles. Use gloves.

Yep! That is what worked for me.

Walmart.

Removing Starter on a Mercruiser 4.3L V-6 Jason General 0 June 5th 06 01:18 PM
Removing leaf stains on fiberglass? Bob Marchese General 8 June 2nd 04 04:26 PM
How can I remove stains from the gelcoat Marc Broe-Vayda ASA 2 February 8th 04 07:09 PM
Water Stains in Headliner Dano General 2 September 22nd 03 12:43 AM
RUST STAINS Gerald Meyer General 2 June 27th 03 04:16 AM