Default The doom of the ground hornets...

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:09:38 GMT, Tom Francis
wrote:

So I was preparing my lethal combination of diesel fuel/gasoline for
the WMD approach to wiping out a nest of ground hornets when Mrs. Wave
came home.

snip

Bummer because I would just love to go wasp/hornet hunting.

Good show!

Someone once told me that you can get rid of hornets (the big paper
nest in the tree kind) by going out at night with a large mirror and a
big flashlight. Set the mirror up on the ground 20 feet or so from
the tree, then shine the flashlight into the mirror. Arrange all this
so when the buggers fly out of the nest, they'll see the mirror with
the light from the flashlight reflected in it.

Now, making sure you're not in the light at all, hit the nest with
something and watch. Supposedly, they'll fly out and see the light in
the mirror, and will fly full speed into it, knocking themselves out.
Stomp or spray until dead.

I'm not trying it... sounds suspicious to me.