Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default The doom of the ground hornets...

Tom Francis wrote:
So I was preparing my lethal combination of diesel fuel/gasoline for
the WMD approach to wiping out a nest of ground hornets when Mrs. Wave
came home.

She asked me what I was doing and after I explained today's
adventures, she immediately put the kibosh on my very minor explosion
and subsequent fire.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Wave understands all too well that I tend to get
carried away in situations like this - in particular after the last
stump clearing incident which resulted in a 3 foot wide crater two
feet deep, a small mushroom cloud and several downed trees that were
not destined to come down.

Hey, I like earth shattering kabooms.

Anyway, she called a colleague of hers whose husband is a professional
exterminator. He called me back and said to meet him at his job site
- he'd give me something to eliminate the hornets without an earth
shattering kaboom (obviously Mrs. Wave explained the situation very
well).

So I met up with him and he gave me this can of stuff with all kinds
of death's heads all over it along with the word poison in several
bright colors. Told me to just use a little, but the results would be
spectacular - I would enjoy my revenge.

Hell Yeah I Did!!!

I hit that nest with a stream and the damn hornets melted - no joke -
melted. If you had an active imagination, you could almost hear the
little *******s screaming in pain while they melted away.

Very satisfying.

However, I had to return the can as I'm not licensed to have it.

Bummer because I would just love to go wasp/hornet hunting.

Oh my! Sounds like a flashback to Nam.