Default Shut up and sing

Folks paid up to $1,200/ticket to see and hear Barbra Streisand sing.
Unfortunately they also had to sit through a skit making fun of GW Bush.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...DATE/610100388

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/11102006/34...nce-crowd.html

Shut up and sing Barbra........no one cares about your political views.

Link to boating (using Chuck's MO): Folks listen to music on their boat,
including Streisand songs. ;-)

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:02:15 -0400, " JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com
wrote:

Folks paid up to $1,200/ticket to see and hear Barbra Streisand sing.
Unfortunately they also had to sit through a skit making fun of GW Bush.

Shut up and sing Barbra........no one cares about your political views.

If you went to a Streisand concert and expected that she wouldn't speak her mind
on political issues, then all you have done is to establish that you are a
nitwit.

Really? Why should one expect her to voice her political views when
purchasing a ticket to hear her sing?

Many people DO care about her political views.

Why would anyone care about *her* political views other than those
unable to form their own?

Thanks for explaining how the left *thinks* things through. LOL!

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
On 10/12/2006 5:02 PM, JimH wrote:
Folks paid up to $1,200/ticket to see and hear Barbra Streisand sing.
Unfortunately they also had to sit through a skit making fun of GW Bush.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...DATE/610100388

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/11102006/34...nce-crowd.html

Shut up and sing Barbra........no one cares about your political views.

Link to boating (using Chuck's MO): Folks listen to music on their boat,
including Streisand songs. ;-)

Most of Streisand's fans know how political she is, and that politics is
part and parcel of her life, and that includes her professional life.

I suspect just about everyone in audience enjoyed the skit poking fun at
Bush.

Hmmm..........so conservatives do not enjoy her music?

When you purchase a ticket for a movie, concert or any event not advertised
as a political event you do not expect to have to listen to the political
views of the artist/performer. Streisand is a political pimp who has no
concern about her fans.

On 10/12/2006 6:34 PM, JimH wrote:
[...]

I have no idea whether Streisand has conservative fans. If I were
attending one of her concerts, I would expect to hear some of her
political commentary.

Why?

I thought you paid to hear her sing?

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

[...]

And why would anyone care what *she* thinks?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news
On 10/12/2006 5:02 PM, JimH wrote:
Folks paid up to $1,200/ticket to see and hear Barbra Streisand sing.
Unfortunately they also had to sit through a skit making fun of GW Bush.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...DATE/610100388

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/11102006/34...nce-crowd.html

Shut up and sing Barbra........no one cares about your political views.

Link to boating (using Chuck's MO): Folks listen to music on their boat,
including Streisand songs. ;-)

Most of Streisand's fans know how political she is, and that politics is
part and parcel of her life, and that includes her professional life.

I suspect just about everyone in audience enjoyed the skit poking fun at
Bush.

No, the audience was not happy. Especially why it made the news.

newsuednaXdgK_WXLPYnZ2dnUVZ_r2dnZ2d@comcast. com...

[...]

Obviously you do, or this thread would have died some time ago.

"James Sweet" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
[...]

Read this slowly James.........I don't care what she *thinks*. I do care
about her imposing her political views during her concert that folks paid to
hear her *sing*.

Got it?

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message

wrote:

Folks paid up to $1,200/ticket to see and hear Barbra Streisand sing.
Unfortunately they also had to sit through a skit making fun of GW
Bush.

Shut up and sing Barbra........no one cares about your political views.

If you went to a Streisand concert and expected that she wouldn't speak
her mind
on political issues, then all you have done is to establish that you are
nitwit.

Really? Why should one expect her to voice her political views when
purchasing a ticket to hear her sing?

Okay, you've established that you are a borderline retard. Now what?

Resorting to personal insults.........a sure sign you cannot discuss this
topic on an adult level.

End of discussion.

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:18:10 -0400, " JimH" not telling you @
pffftt.com

newsOSdnXZK3K0jXrPYnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@comcast .com...

[...]

No!

That explains everything. ;-)

Let's all sing along John Cairns ASA 3 October 24th 04 02:43 PM
O.T. As only Frank can sing it,,,! RGrew176 General 1 October 1st 04 11:03 PM
Impy and the Yips; sing along Scout ASA 57 August 15th 03 06:26 AM