Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Boating the Hudson, South of GWB & Statue of Liberty - NEWBIE need advice/tips

Hey, I plan on taking my 21' Chaparral in the Hudson at Hazzard's Ramp on
Friday. I plan on going south toward the statue of liberty and also on the
East River past the triboro. I have heard some stories of Strong Current on
the east river near hells gate and rocks near the statue. Any truth to that?
Will my 21' Chaparral be OK?

I'm looking for some reassuring advice, mainly on the conditions. Any help
is appreciated.. I do have Charts of the area.

Also another day I plan on going to NY Harbor, any opinions on that?
Currents? Rocks?

Thanks!

-Matt

Boating Safer RT General 0 April 26th 06 05:05 PM
Boating on the Hudson River - NY/NJ ToneJohn General 0 July 30th 05 02:12 AM
Complete newbie to sailing and boating looking for some good sites and information. Wilson General 9 February 17th 05 02:43 AM