Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Rusty lures

I had not been fishing since Spring and my tackle box sat inside the dock
box. If you recall we had flooding on the river earlier this summer and
part of my dock box was underwater for a while.

I pulled the tackle box out the other day and saw that the bottom tray
(containing all my lures) was full of rusty water and the treble hooks on
the lures were all rusted.

I just got done cleaning the lures (running them in fresh water) to remove
the rusty goop on them. I plan to replace the rusty treble hooks on them.

My question is..........do you think an odor of rust on the lure body will
keep fish from hitting these lures? If I soak them in the sink with
dishwashing soap will that leave a worse odor on the lures that the fish
will stay away from?

TIA!

I'd like to present evidence that BB, Rusty, Commode, is Bobspirt Joe ASA 16 January 11th 06 03:08 PM
Rusty Foods Bob Crantz ASA 1 December 5th 05 11:05 AM
Hey Rusty - Do the Right Thing! Bob Crantz ASA 0 October 28th 05 01:42 AM
Boat Trailer Rusty -- Where to find Replacement? JW General 11 August 21st 04 04:10 PM
Rusty anchor? Jeffrey P. Vasquez Cruising 10 March 6th 04 06:55 AM