Tailgunner

Default 1987 Mariner 115 stalls

Just inherited this 1987 Mariner 115hp with the boat I bought. It idles
okay and runs at speed fine. However if you start off slowly it dies.
Wouldn't be a problem but I'll have it in a harbor for a couple of days
and can't just hit the throttle when it's time to go. My mooring is
getting set this week, I hope.

I'm starting with replacing spark plugs while I await the arrival of the
owner's manual.

The previous owner just lived with it.

Anything else come to mind?

--
Nick

Clams Canino

Heh........

Usually that particular motor dies when you feed the throttle in too *fast*
LOL.

You're gonna have to wait on the manual and check the timing and
syncronization as per the book. The carbs might be opening too much before
the spark advance is advanced.

Last resort is to clean the carbs this can be done on the motor - but it is
a challange.

-W

"Tailgunner" wrote in message
Just inherited this 1987 Mariner 115hp with the boat I bought. It idles
okay and runs at speed fine. However if you start off slowly it dies.
Wouldn't be a problem but I'll have it in a harbor for a couple of days
and can't just hit the throttle when it's time to go. My mooring is
getting set this week, I hope.

I'm starting with replacing spark plugs while I await the arrival of the
owner's manual.

The previous owner just lived with it.

Anything else come to mind?

--
Nick

Mariner vs MercCruiser Tailgunner General 2 August 16th 03 01:37 AM
1987 Yamaha F9.9 OB BB General 1 August 14th 03 11:42 PM
honda 15 ob stalls at low idle- adjustment tom clark General 2 August 14th 03 07:05 AM
Opinions on a 1987 Wellcraft Monte Carlo 28' Mike General 5 August 8th 03 02:20 PM
Newbie - Help with Mariner 60E outboard David Rees General 1 July 20th 03 12:50 AM