World Traveler

Default Outboard head jerking

Hello

For a while now the head (or the engine entirely) jerks a lot when I move of
into gear. Everything is fine at idle (+/- 800 RPM) but when I put it into
gear forward the head jerks mainly between 1000 and 1800 RPM. Please note
that my 1999 Mariner 115HP runs on only 2 cylinder below 1800RPM.

What could possibly cause that jerking, too much oil ? too much gas in th
cylinders ????

Thanks

Florida Keyz

Do you mean the top of the motor moves? If so , check your motor mounts.
World Traveler

No, I mean it shakes, sometimes a lot. It runs very smooth idle and at
mid-to high speed.

"Florida Keyz" wrote in message
Do you mean the top of the motor moves? If so , check your motor mounts.

Lloyd Sumpter

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:47:11 +0000, World Traveler wrote:

Hello

For a while now the head (or the engine entirely) jerks a lot when I move of
into gear. Everything is fine at idle (+/- 800 RPM) but when I put it into
gear forward the head jerks mainly between 1000 and 1800 RPM. Please note
that my 1999 Mariner 115HP runs on only 2 cylinder below 1800RPM.

What could possibly cause that jerking, too much oil ? too much gas in th
cylinders ????

Thanks

"Give it a short, sharp pull."
"Ya mean jerk?"

Lloyd

-rick-

"World Traveler" wrote in message
No, I mean it shakes, sometimes a lot. It runs very smooth idle and at
mid-to high speed.

My '98 Merc 115 vibrated like hell between about 1100 - 1800 rpm but was
smooth at idle and above 1800. I think it's the transition from 2 to 4
cylinder operation. I just avoided that range.

-rick-