Default Liquid Rollers Bunk Spray

Jokerman wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

WD-40 works well, and is probably the same stuff......

They're made by two different companies, one is petroleum based and the
other is silicon based.

Odd, both my can of WD-40 and Blakemore's Reel Magic both say "contains
petroleum distillates", and they smell exactly the same. I'll have to
look into that!

" JimH" jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote in message
news
Now that we have a dock for our boat we don't trailer it anymore except to
tuck it away at the end of the season or when we want to bring it with us
on vacations.

We will be bringing the boat with us on the trailer to Put-In-Bay/South
Bass Island on Saturday for a weeks vacation on the Island, and may be
launching it from the public boat ramp when we need it rather than docking
it for the week.

I have heard folks talk about a product called Liquid Rollers (12 oz.
aerosol, $12 retail) that is sprayed on the bunk carpeting to make them
slick, resulting in an easy loading of the boat.

Has anyone used this product? If so, what is your opinion of it?

TIA!!

Not wanting my trailer to be a bubbly mess once in the water I went to
Boaters World today and spent a whopping $12 on a can of Liquid Rollers. I
also purchased a new set of bearing protectors (same as bearing buddies) to
make sure the trip to Port Clinton (ferry to South Bass Island/Put In Bay)
was without a road side incident of bearing failure. I had previously
checked the bearings and they were fine.

We pick up the boat tomorrow from the marina and trailer it back home so I
can make some last minute out of the water improvements/maintenance to it
and give it a good wash and wax.

We leave Saturday morning for a Saturday-Sunday stay on the Island. This
weekend is Christmas in July and we will be driving our golf carts into town
to watch what can best be described as "Sodom & Gomorrah". We otherwise
stay away from downtown that weekend. The boat stays on the trailer at our
cabin and does not go in the water until the drunks leave on Sunday evening.
I don't know if I will be docking it or grabbing a mooring buoy in the Bay.

We will be using the boat for tubing, wake boarding and Island hopping.

Our home for the week is a 3 bedroom air conditioned log cabin near the
Island's airport. My son and his 3 friends are camping at the South Bass
Island State Park. My daughter will be with us on and off with her friends.
Thank goodness the cabin has 2 full bathrooms!

We used to spend weekends or full weeks on the Island when we had bigger
boats. The last time we spent a week on the Island we spent it on our 32
footer (since sold) at the Crews Nest Marina. http://www.thecrewsnest.com/
.. Spending the week in a cottage will be a bit of a change for us, but we
will obviously have more room. ;-)

Some nice photos of the Island at http://www.putinbayphotos.com/

In case you cannot tell, we are pretty excited about this vacation,
especially considering the stuff we went through during my stay at home
vacation the week of July 4th. ;-)

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

JimH wrote:

In case you cannot tell, we are pretty excited

Would the 'we' be both of your personalities?

-- Charlie

Charlie wrote:
JimH wrote:

In case you cannot tell, we are pretty excited

Would the 'we' be both of your personalities?

-- Charlie

Yes Charlie. And that includes my boat loving/boater personality *and*
my personality that does not tolerate non boat owning folks (I was easy
on you Charlie) like you who come to this NG only to flame and stir the
pot.

Now stay with me for a second Charlie while I watch you swirl around in
my crapper and go down the drain to the sewage plant.

Just for you Charlie............http://tinyurl.com/on8c2

See 'ya! ;-)

basskisser writes:

Odd, both my can of WD-40 and Blakemore's Reel Magic both say "contains
petroleum distillates", and they smell exactly the same.

Which is to say, kerosene in a spray can. Ten cents for the kerosene,
$2.90 for the packaging.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
basskisser writes:

Odd, both my can of WD-40 and Blakemore's Reel Magic both say "contains
petroleum distillates", and they smell exactly the same.

Which is to say, kerosene in a spray can. Ten cents for the kerosene,
$2.90 for the packaging.

Liquid Rollers...............It turns out to be a can of silicone with some
pretty nasty propellants and solvents.

http://www.koiauto.com/msds/crc/MSDSCRCPDFS/66810.PDF

Lesson learned. ;-)

basskisser writes:

Odd, both my can of WD-40 and Blakemore's Reel Magic both say "contains
petroleum distillates", and they smell exactly the same.

Which is to say, kerosene in a spray can. Ten cents for the kerosene,
$2.90 for the packaging.

Liquid Rollers...............It turns out to be a can of silicone with some
pretty nasty propellants and solvents.

http://www.koiauto.com/msds/crc/MSDSCRCPDFS/66810.PDF

Lesson learned. ;-)

Yup...do it the cheap 'down east' way. Liquid dish soap... that's what
I'll use.

JimH wrote:

Yes Charlie. And that includes my boat loving/boater personality *and*
my personality that does not tolerate non boat owning folks

I knew you had at least two.

Try loosening your underwear. It's strapped on too tight.

-- Charlie

I use silicone spray about twice a year. Works fine. A can lasts about
three or four doses (I use it for other stuff too). The soap idea is probably
fine for a one-weekend-wonder.

I do try to put the silicone spray on a dry bunk, no salt water.