Default Boat sits high on bunk style trailer.

I need to have the boat sit lower on a '91 ez-loader trailer. I am
faced with two problems.

1. Launching the boat at the local ramp requires the trailer and tow
vehicle to enter the water a LONG way before you can launch the boat.
(salt water)
2. I need to add the ability to have the boat hoisted into the water
too.

When launching the boat I have to back the trailer and tow vehicle are
too far into the water before I am able to float the boat. (I have a
similar problem when trying to load the boat.) If I did not have the
same problem loading and unloading I would be inclined to add the
Teflon covers to easily launch the boat, however, since I am have a
similar problem loading and unloading I want to see if I can address
the problem.

pics of existing supports
http://www.csofwa.com/boat/boat/front.jpg
http://www.csofwa.com/boat/boat/rear.jpg

In an effort to solve this problem I have reviewed the ez-loader web
site for ideas to allow the boat sit lower on the trailer. To me, it
looks like the bunks are currently supported by older style roller
supports, modified to support the bunks.

http://www.csofwa.com/boat/boat/trailer.jpg

Using ez-loaders "short bunk mount bracket", "bunk support
mounts" and finally "bunk/roller support brackets". I think I can
get the boat to sit lower on the trailer. I am proposing to use the
38" bunk / roller support attached to the short bunk mount bracket at
the rear of the trailer. For the forward support I would use the bunk
support mounts attached to short bunk mount brackets.

Has anyone else had success getting their boat to sit loawer on the
trailer?

Thank you

~Joe

Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

My 1991 EZloader has the bunks maybe 5" above the cross braces. Boat has
the same mounts, but the front mount has the square piece a lot lower. Rear
looks the same. I launch an aluminum river boat and at the most get the
bottom of the rear tires wet on a 3/4 T chevy pu.

Don White

[...]

Have you looked at an extendable tongue? I've been thinking of that
option when I buy a new trailer.

I am launching an aluminum boat too. 22'. When we launch I am almost
in to the rims on the Durango. I can only lower the front roller 2" or
the bow will hit the trailer. I know some of this has to do with the
slop of the ramp, tide ect, Maybe I can live with it. Thank you for
your input.

~Joe

I will have to look into this, something I had not considered. For the
time being, I was hoping to use the existing trailer.

~Joe

Bill McKee

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am launching an aluminum boat too. 22'. When we launch I am almost
in to the rims on the Durango. I can only lower the front roller 2" or
the bow will hit the trailer. I know some of this has to do with the
slop of the ramp, tide ect, Maybe I can live with it. Thank you for
your input.

~Joe

I only sink the trailer to near the top of the fenders. Then drive off the
trailer and same for retrieving. Have thought of the plastic bunks when the
carper goes next time. About the same price as carpet at the local
industrial plastic supplier.
Bill

3. As someone else suggested, a tongue extension might be the right
answer.

***************

My wife has suggested the same thing.

Odd thing is, we don't even own a trailerable boat.

Stanley Barthfarkle

I have a 19' cuddy on a 85 shore land'r roller trailer, and don't even get
the tops of the fenders wet- there is dry land behind the Suburban when
launching-retrieving. Cinch to launch and retrieve. Why not go back to
rollers?

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

rcoleman

I had the same problem. Switched out the trailer tires. Can't remember the
exact sizes, but imagine the difference between a car tire and say a golf
cart tire. Works great. Could have gained another 2 inches by relocating
axel to the top of the rail, but didn't need to. Might do that when I
replace the springs this season.

oups.com...