Don Mahony

Default Doral Prestancia 270 Windlass Installation Problem

HELP!

I am trying to wire a new windlass installation in a 1991 Doral
Prestancia and cannot figure out how to run the #2 wire. I have run it
from the battery to the dashboard with no problem but cannot find a
way to get it past the head cubicle. Once through there I can run it
below the galley and up into the bow compartment.

Is there a Prestancia owner that could tell me how their boat is wired
past the head.

Thanks in advance,

Don
JimH

"Don Mahony" wrote in message
HELP!

I am trying to wire a new windlass installation in a 1991 Doral
Prestancia and cannot figure out how to run the #2 wire. I have run it
from the battery to the dashboard with no problem but cannot find a
way to get it past the head cubicle. Once through there I can run it
below the galley and up into the bow compartment.

Is there a Prestancia owner that could tell me how their boat is wired
past the head.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Why not run it along the side opposite the head?

Don Mahony

Already have the breaker installed below dashboard for easy access if
windlass jams per the manual. :-(

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:34:18 -0400, " JimH"
jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote:

.. .

"Don Mahony" wrote in message
Already have the breaker installed below dashboard for easy access if
windlass jams per the manual. :-(

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:34:18 -0400, " JimH"
jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote:

"Don Mahony" wrote in message
. ..
HELP!

I am trying to wire a new windlass installation in a 1991 Doral
Prestancia and cannot figure out how to run the #2 wire. I have run it
from the battery to the dashboard with no problem but cannot find a
way to get it past the head cubicle. Once through there I can run it
below the galley and up into the bow compartment.

Is there a Prestancia owner that could tell me how their boat is wired
past the head.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Why not run it along the side opposite the head?

Based on what you have said so far it looks like you have 2 options at this
point:

1. Divert the wiring into the bowrail and then back down to the anchor
locker from the nearest bowrail support.

2. Divert the wiring to the starboard side and run the wiring as planned.
but on the other side of the boat.

Best of luck on the project. ;-)

JimH

" JimH" jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote in message
. ..

"Don Mahony" wrote in message
HELP!

I am trying to wire a new windlass installation in a 1991 Doral
Prestancia and cannot figure out how to run the #2 wire. I have run it
from the battery to the dashboard with no problem but cannot find a
way to get it past the head cubicle. Once through there I can run it
below the galley and up into the bow compartment.

Is there a Prestancia owner that could tell me how their boat is wired
past the head.

Thanks in advance,

Don

Why not run it along the side opposite the head?

Based on what you have said so far it looks like you have 2 options at
this point:

1. Divert the wiring into the bowrail and then back down to the anchor
locker from the nearest bowrail support.

2. Divert the wiring to the port side and run the wiring as planned. but
on the other side of the boat.

Best of luck on the project. ;-)

Correction on note 2.......should be port side.

Don Mahony

Good question! The manual says to mount the breaker somewhere it can
be easily accessed in case it trips at a bad time it can be easily
reset. Not knowing any better I installed it under the dash for easy
access therefore the power wiring has to go down the starbord side.

Don

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 13:34:18 -0400, " JimH"
jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote:

.. .

"Don Mahony" wrote in message
Good question! The manual says to mount the breaker somewhere it can
be easily accessed in case it trips at a bad time it can be easily
reset. Not knowing any better I installed it under the dash for easy
access therefore the power wiring has to go down the starbord side.

Don

Why? Why can't you run the wire from the dash directly to portside then
in the cabin to the windlass?

Are you sure you are talking about a breaker? Where is your breaker panel?

Don Mahony

The dashboard is just to the right of the doorway which is a sliding
plastic panel. There is no way to get across the doorway to the port
side.

Yes, it is a breaker that comes with the windlass and it is
selfcontained so can be mounted anywhere.

Don

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:55:37 -0400, " JimH"
jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote:

.. .