Default Vector Battery Charger

Harry Krause wrote:
Last year I bought a Vector battery charger, the blue "marine" model
that has 2/10/20/35 amp charge rates, and I've used it a couple of times
to charge my tractor battery, car battery and boat batteries. It works
well as a charger at the 2/10/20 rates. Never tried the 35 amp rate.

But the charger also "reconditions" batteries, or so the advertising and
manual say, using a 24-hour cycle to desulfate battery plates. I've
never used this feature, but I loaned the charger to a buddy and he
reports that it actually revived two batteries he was about to toss. I
don't have any other details.

My one gripe about the charger is that its LED readouts are virtually
impossible to read outdoors, even in indirect light.

Is this the model your 'buddy' Larry from S. Carolina swears by?
I have an old charger kicking around but will be buying a deep
discharge marine battery soon and was wondering if I should just go
with the old unit or upgrade to a 'smart charger'.

I snipped this from another forum
You can also try a desulfator such as Pulsetech, Batteryminder (or
Battery Minder), Solarigizer, and other pulse desulfators and oils and
chemicals such as the ones by Battery Doctors. These pulse desulfator
devices, in my opinion, however, dry out the batteries prematurely,
causing shorter life than normal, which is not stated in manufacturer's
review or consumer reviews.

wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

Vector Battery Charger Eisboch General 15 June 29th 06 03:42 AM
Vector Battery Charger Wayne.B General 0 June 17th 06 02:57 PM
Vector Battery Charger Bryan General 0 June 17th 06 02:53 PM
Truecharge20+ battery charger ? rob Cruising 5 April 10th 06 01:43 AM
Portable Charger or Onboard Charger [email protected] General 13 November 21st 05 05:15 PM