Sven

Default Boat shipper recomendations ?

Looks like we may want to find a boat transport company, 3000+ miles.

Still looking for a local surveyor in Portland Maine, but I have a gut
feel that I trust the current owner and will want a shipper once the
surveyor is done.

Any suggestions ? Any "don't use" experiences ? Any "great outfit"
insights ?

Any advice on insurance, payment schedule, other pitfalls that we should
be looking for ?

Thanks,

-Sven
Mike

Andrews Trucking Ltd., in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario is a good yacht
trucking firm. Although the Canadian dollar has climbed it still is a
good bargain.

They go all over North America. Located near Buffalo, NY; They used
to ship all of C&C Yachts before they dissolved. Also I have seen the
Canadian 12 Metre boat at their yard. Insurance you probably would
be better off getting a special policy.

I had my boat shipped from California to Colorado. You didn't indicate
the size of the boat. My moving company recommended a shipper. Going
there, (a trailer boat) they put it on a "5th wheel" inclined trailer
(held 3 vehicles). On the return trip two years later, they used
a large forklift to lift it on a flatbed truck trailer.

The boat was a 17 foot I/O on a trailer.

b.