JimH

Default Hydro-Shield

Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to that
prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............ http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It attaches
to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not only protect
the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

Butch Davis

Don't know the product.

Just looking at it I'd guess it would make it easier for one to get stuck
aground. I get into the mud fairly often and the skeg on my engine just
plows a furrow as I go on through. Looks to me as though that gadget would
scoop up a fair bit of mud if it grounds.

Butch
" JimH" jimhUNDERSCOREosudad@yahooDOTcom wrote in message
. ..
Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to
that prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get
repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............ http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It
attaches to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not
only protect the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

basskisser

JimH wrote:
Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to that
prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............ http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It attaches
to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not only protect
the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

I've never seen one perform, but it just kinda looks like something
designed to take your money from you and not give much in return.

Interesting creature.
I noticed their "testimonial"s are from '91-2000.

Strange.

And origionally built to protect Manatee's from a prop. I'm not sure
how much protection the animal would get when some yack goes flying
though the water at 40-60 and whacks one.

"Woah, doooode! The man's dead but it saved the prop" "Yo!, this
thang really DOES work!...."

JimH wrote:
Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to that
prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............ http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It attaches
to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not only protect
the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

Reginald P. Smithers

JimH wrote:
Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to that
prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............
http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It attaches
to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not only protect
the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

For a product that has been on the market for over 15 yrs, it doesn't
seem to have any distribution or any customers. Run a search on
Hydro-Shield in Goggle groups and got 3 hits on this product. I would
steer clear of all of these bolt on products. If you run a search on
Doel-Fin, you can read the opinions of experts and consumers. From what
I can tell, the only person who really benefits from a Doel-Fin is the
mfg'er.

--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

JimH

ps.com...

JimH wrote:
Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the
boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to
that
prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get
repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............ http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It
attaches
to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not only
protect
the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

All solid advice! Thanks.

jiminfl

JimH wrote:
Well, wouldn't you know it....I installed a brand new prop before the
boat
was splashed and I ran into a submerged log today, doing some damage to
that
prop. The old one goes on and the not so new one comes off to get
repaired.

After I got home I surfed the net and ran across this product called
Hydro-Shield............ http://www.hydro-shield.com/why.htm It
attaches
to the bottom of the lower unit skeg and is advertised to not only
protect
the prop and skeg but improve performance.

I was thinking of putting on a set of Doel-Fins but this product seems to
offer more benefits, if what they claim is true.

Has anyone used this product on the I/O or O/B?

TIA for your answers.

All solid advice! Thanks.

The only way for you to know If this thing will work for you, is if you
try it. If you really think you need something like this, it seems you
need to make a small investment to find out.
Jim

Keel shield Jim Gemmill General 3 May 12th 06 03:11 PM
Keel Shield Mic Cruising 2 January 30th 06 05:15 AM
Varistor to shield voltage spikes Len Electronics 16 January 16th 06 07:59 PM
What outdrives will fit Volvo Aqua 200 transom shield ban449 General 0 November 4th 05 01:47 AM
What outdrives will fit Volvo Aqua 200 transom shield ban449 General 0 October 30th 05 06:21 AM