Jim Gemmill

Default Keel shield

First trip after install I hit a big rock and took a bite out of my Keel
Shield. A chunk about the size of half a little finger is torn loose. Are
there any kits for repairing the shield?
Failing the kit is there an alternative to replacing the shield?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jim o_o_o_o
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

Jim Gemmill wrote:
First trip after install I hit a big rock and took a bite out of my Keel
Shield. A chunk about the size of half a little finger is torn loose. Are
there any kits for repairing the shield?
Failing the kit is there an alternative to replacing the shield?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jim o_o_o_o
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

No worries, the manufacturer has left the door wide open for you to get
a new Keel Shield and any labor required to install it, or to get your
existing unit professionally repaired.

This has to be the most loosely written warranty I've ever seen:
"Anything that happens to your Keel Shield is completely
covered.........." I guess they can get away with this by charging
$10-15 a foot for a roll of plastic molding and a tube of adhesive to
begin with, but you ought to take them up on their "anything that
happens" clause.

From the site:

KeelShield® Warranty
KeelShield Inc.'s ready to install kit still carries the best warranty
of any keel protector in the business... a 100% Customer Satisfaction
Guarantee to the original purchaser; A Lifetime Warranty covering
adhesion and abrasion wear through. There is NO FINE PRINT in our
warranty.

A Lifetime Warranty - Abrasion, Adhesion are covered - anything that
happens to your KeelShield keel protector is covered - period no
questions asked. KeelShield Inc. still carries the best warranty in the
business - compare us to the others and be sure to read their fine
print.

Under the toughest conditions, KeelShield protects your investment.
Look for KeelShield as featured in 3M's product brochure and other
promotional literature spotlighting the extraordinary dependability of
3M's adhesive systems.

Jim Gemmill

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Gemmill wrote:
First trip after install I hit a big rock and took a bite out of my Keel
Shield. A chunk about the size of half a little finger is torn loose.

Are
there any kits for repairing the shield?
Failing the kit is there an alternative to replacing the shield?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jim o_o_o_o
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

No worries, the manufacturer has left the door wide open for you to get
a new Keel Shield and any labor required to install it, or to get your
existing unit professionally repaired.

This has to be the most loosely written warranty I've ever seen:
"Anything that happens to your Keel Shield is completely
covered.........." I guess they can get away with this by charging
$10-15 a foot for a roll of plastic molding and a tube of adhesive to
begin with, but you ought to take them up on their "anything that
happens" clause.

From the site:

[...]

Thanks, I wrote the company and they advised to send pictures and they will
send a replacement for me if needed. They also sent directions to remove
the old one. Says it takes about an hour.
Seems like a good company.

William Andersen

Good news! Thanks for your follow up post.
"Jim Gemmill" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Gemmill wrote:
First trip after install I hit a big rock and took a bite out of my Keel
Shield. A chunk about the size of half a little finger is torn loose.

Are
there any kits for repairing the shield?
Failing the kit is there an alternative to replacing the shield?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jim o_o_o_o
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

No worries, the manufacturer has left the door wide open for you to get
a new Keel Shield and any labor required to install it, or to get your
existing unit professionally repaired.

This has to be the most loosely written warranty I've ever seen:
"Anything that happens to your Keel Shield is completely
covered.........." I guess they can get away with this by charging
$10-15 a foot for a roll of plastic molding and a tube of adhesive to
begin with, but you ought to take them up on their "anything that
happens" clause.

From the site:

[...]

C&C keel, lead, covering, grounding, what to do .. Lester Evans Cruising 4 April 24th 06 07:28 PM
Metal Keel, fin, finish, repair, questions, questions Lester Evans Boat Building 1 April 23rd 06 04:00 PM
Catalina 22 swing keel Bob Scott General 2 April 11th 06 06:40 PM
I'm ba aaaack! jlr ASA 191 March 2nd 06 09:03 PM
Keel Shield Mic Cruising 2 January 30th 06 04:15 AM