Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Reginald P. Smithers

Default A charitable question...

Tom Francis wrote:
I had a great experience this weekend involving some kids, wheelchairs
and parents.

To make a long story short, I've kind of half-baked this idea last
evening and mulled it over today and wondered if anybody has ever been
involved with setting up a charitable foundation.

Anybody?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/savag...-terry261.html

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...yle/P40073.asp

While there are many good charitable foundations, there are some that
are scams so individuals can write off their personal expenses. I
volunteered to worked with one woman who set up a charity foundation for
inner city kids to have exposure to horses and horse back riding. In
reality she was using her "foundation" to write off her expenses and use
this "foundation" as a venue to request donations from the major
foundations.
--
Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.