oelf92

Default Bimini Top? Suggestions on how to shop for..

I have a 21' Chaparral and wanted to add a BIMINI top to the boat, but don't
have an idea on how / where to start. As anyone I was hoping to get a
"Deal" so was looking on eBay, but didn't know if "any" size would fit or i
need something customs made for my boat? Any help or tips on looking and
buying one is appreciated.

JimH

"oelf92" wrote in message
I have a 21' Chaparral and wanted to add a BIMINI top to the boat, but
don't have an idea on how / where to start. As anyone I was hoping to get
a "Deal" so was looking on eBay, but didn't know if "any" size would fit or
i need something customs made for my boat? Any help or tips on looking and
buying one is appreciated.

I purchased one earlier this year from these folks and found they had the
best price. The out the door price was $337, including rear support poles.
(Our boat is a 20 footer).

http://www.coversearch.com/bimini/tops_search.html

Decide if you want to have the frame mounted on the gunnel outside of the
side windshield (that is how we did ours), on the top of the windshield
frame itself (not recommended) or on the inside of the windshield. Now
measure the width of the area the frame will sit in. Next, measure how high
above the frame attachment point you want the bimini to be. Lastly decide
if you want a 4 foot or 6 foot long bimini.

Installation is easy but is best done with 2 helpers.

Dan Krueger

oelf92 wrote:
I have a 21' Chaparral and wanted to add a BIMINI top to the boat, but don't
have an idea on how / where to start. As anyone I was hoping to get a
"Deal" so was looking on eBay, but didn't know if "any" size would fit or i
need something customs made for my boat? Any help or tips on looking and
buying one is appreciated.

I'd skip the deals and go with a reputable dealer that will sell you a
good quality, new bimini that will fit your boat properly. Jim
mentioned one. Here's another to consider...

http://overtons.com/modperl/overtons/order/items2.cgi

Try http:www/overtons.com and type "bimini" in the search area.