fishin'boat

Default 1987 9.9 Evinrude Maintenance

Greetings,

I have a 9.9 Evinrude. It has not been started for 4 years. It ran
great the last time out and I burned all the fuel that it would burn
from the carb before it was pulled out of the lake. Since then I have
pulled the rope every 6 weeks or so. It has been stored inside. I would
like to get it ready to use but I do not know all the steps. It is a
hand me down and I have no manual to go by nor does my local library. I
know I should: check and or change the plugs, change the lower unit
oil, and most of all use fresh fuel. I do plan to order a maintenance
manual but that is a few weeks off for delivery. Any tips would be
appreciated. I am fully capable of doing most of the work myself, I am
just not sure what I should do.

Should I pull the prop and check the shaft? Get it in some water and
check discharge water temp to make sure the pump is working?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Noel