Tim

Default About beer....

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
When you have 200 bears on tap, you need the perserving.

Pickeling???

JohnH

On 20 May 2006 17:48:44 -0700, "Tim" wrote:

LOL!

I never really looked at it that way....

John Gaquin wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

John Gaquin wrote:

What is your drink of choice?

Sodie pop.

Well, then -- little difference. We beer drinkers prefer the juice of
rotting grain, while wine drinkers [who often somehow fancy themselves
superior] merely shift their preference to the rotting juice of fruit. You,
on the other hand, prefer a chemically altered concoction, so you shift the
rotting process to your own insides during the post-drink phase. :-)

Tim, I just heard about this yesterday. Maybe you'll find it interesting.

http://www.alternet.org/story/33380/
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Tim

I've seen articles like that John. that's one of the few reasons why
I'm cutting back ont he Cokes.

Water and natural Juice. Coffee...now that's addictive!

I'm gonna have to work hard with that.

John Gaquin wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

John Gaquin wrote:

What is your drink of choice?

Sodie pop.

Well, then -- little difference. We beer drinkers prefer the juice of
rotting grain, while wine drinkers [who often somehow fancy themselves
superior] merely shift their preference to the rotting juice of fruit. You,
on the other hand, prefer a chemically altered concoction, so you shift the
rotting process to your own insides during the post-drink phase. :-)

Tim, I just heard about this yesterday. Maybe you'll find it interesting.

http://www.alternet.org/story/33380/
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

basskisser

Tim wrote:
I saw the reports on high levels of benzene. But it's interesting that
the "high" levels are what? 72 parts per billion???

Seeing that Benzene and gasoline are very closly related, you probably
absorb more bad stuff when you are self-serve filling your car and get
a whiff of the fuel fumes. PLUS Working int he automotive industry, I
probably get more than that just touching grease and smelling cleaning
solvent.

If it's there...it's there, and you may know it or not.

The Ascorbic acid has never given me a gut problem (that I know of) but
, maybe I'm used to it....

So because you are subjected to some said amount of benzenes anyway,
you think it's a good idea to add MORE????? AND, you may find it handy
to know that benzene is no longer used in gasoline.
From wikipedia:

"Benzene, also known as C6H6, PhH, and benzol, is an organic chemical
compound that is a colorless and flammable liquid with a pleasant,
sweet smell. Benzene is a known carcinogen. Benzene is no longer used
as an additive in gasoline but it is an important industrial solvent
and precursor in the production of drugs, plastics, synthetic rubber,
and dyes. Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, but it is
usually synthesized from other compounds present in petroleum. Benzene
is an aromatic hydrocarbon, and the second [n]-annulene
([6]-annulene)."

Tim

Oh no, here we go. you got it all backwards.

i was talking about how the FDA rated 72 parts per Billion too high.
72 parts per billion??? And stated that GASOLINE AND BENZENE ARE
RELATED.(Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, but it is
usually synthesized from other compounds present in petroleum. Benzene
is an aromatic hydrocarbon, and the second [n]-annulene
([6]-annulene).") and YOU PROBABLY GET MORE CONTAMINATION GETTING A
WHIFF ON THE FUEL FUMES WHEN YOU FILL YOUR CAR.

So, regardless, you're going to get in contact with the stuff wether
you like it or not.

*whew*

basskisser wrote:
Tim wrote:
I saw the reports on high levels of benzene. But it's interesting that
the "high" levels are what? 72 parts per billion???

Seeing that Benzene and gasoline are very closly related, you probably
absorb more bad stuff when you are self-serve filling your car and get
a whiff of the fuel fumes. PLUS Working int he automotive industry, I
probably get more than that just touching grease and smelling cleaning
solvent.

If it's there...it's there, and you may know it or not.

The Ascorbic acid has never given me a gut problem (that I know of) but
, maybe I'm used to it....

So because you are subjected to some said amount of benzenes anyway,
you think it's a good idea to add MORE????? AND, you may find it handy
to know that benzene is no longer used in gasoline.
From wikipedia:

Tim wrote:
Oh no, here we go. you got it all backwards.

i was talking about how the FDA rated 72 parts per Billion too high.
72 parts per billion??? And stated that GASOLINE AND BENZENE ARE
RELATED.(Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, but it is
usually synthesized from other compounds present in petroleum. Benzene
is an aromatic hydrocarbon, and the second [n]-annulene
([6]-annulene).") and YOU PROBABLY GET MORE CONTAMINATION GETTING A
WHIFF ON THE FUEL FUMES WHEN YOU FILL YOUR CAR.

If there is no benzene in your fuel, you aren't getting any BY FILLING
YOUR CAR.

So, regardless, you're going to get in contact with the stuff wether
you like it or not.

Then why in the hell would you want to purposefully pump MORE into your
body??????

*whew*

Indeed................

Tim

Indeed is right.

Refering back to pmy post on May 20th (#7 on Googlegroups)

"Knowing that all the sugar and carbonation isn't really that healthy
in
the long term, I'm turning to just lain water to natural fruit juices.

Do I feel better? Not really But I'm sure it's making a healthier
difference.

Tim

Do you really feel like arguing about this?

Tim wrote:
Indeed is right.

Refering back to pmy post on May 20th (#7 on Googlegroups)

"Knowing that all the sugar and carbonation isn't really that healthy
in
the long term, I'm turning to just lain water to natural fruit juices.

Do I feel better? Not really But I'm sure it's making a healthier
difference.

Tim

Do you really feel like arguing about this?

I'm not arguing. I really like answers. Do you really consider that,
because you are getting benzene in your system anyway, that it's
prudent to instill MORE?

Tim

basskisser wrote:
Tim wrote:
Indeed is right.

Refering back to pmy post on May 20th (#7 on Googlegroups)

"Knowing that all the sugar and carbonation isn't really that healthy
in
the long term, I'm turning to just lain water to natural fruit juices.

Do I feel better? Not really But I'm sure it's making a healthier
difference.

Tim

Do you really feel like arguing about this?

I'm not arguing. I really like answers. Do you really consider that,
because you are getting benzene in your system anyway, that it's
prudent to instill MORE?

No.

I take it your question has been answered.

basskisser

Tim wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Tim wrote:
Indeed is right.

Refering back to pmy post on May 20th (#7 on Googlegroups)

"Knowing that all the sugar and carbonation isn't really that healthy
in
the long term, I'm turning to just lain water to natural fruit juices.

Do I feel better? Not really But I'm sure it's making a healthier
difference.

Tim

Do you really feel like arguing about this?

I'm not arguing. I really like answers. Do you really consider that,
because you are getting benzene in your system anyway, that it's
prudent to instill MORE?

No.

I take it your question has been answered.

I KNOW who I am, it's you that don't! And, again, for a $5,000
donation, I'll show you my identity.

Brewing beer aboard Glenn A. Heslop Cruising 26 April 13th 06 01:30 AM
History of Beer JIMinFL General 0 December 4th 05 01:56 PM
A beer with Bush *JimH* General 8 November 17th 05 09:36 PM