Default Please help!!! Mercruiser 5.7 Not starting Please help!!!

Hey Guys,

changed the sensor... no change. Got spark, but then again I had spark
before.

After cranking it for a bit, I looked into the carb and maaaaan there
is alot of gas in there..

COuld it be the carb? flooding the motor?

Funny thing, it's still dripping long after i stop cranking..

THis has been a frustrating 2 weeks and no progress what so ever...

Well looks like i will need a pro after all, but i will let you guys
know what it was after I figure it our so this nonesense does not
happen to you.

Had the guy at the marina look at it.

It took him about 2 minutes flat.

the choke was stuck/tight and couldn't operate properly.

He adjusted the carb a bit and off I went.

Feel pretty stupid, but the moral of the story is when in doubt, check
the choke thoughrouly!!

Thanks again everyone!

Mercruiser 470 a POS?? BoatNewb Cruising 2 April 3rd 06 07:44 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater General 0 February 8th 06 05:43 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater Touring 0 February 8th 06 05:42 PM
I need some help on a boat purchase 140 Mercruiser vs.Evinrude vro140 [email protected] Cruising 2 December 1st 05 04:50 AM
How to Start an Outboard Motor Without Actually Starting It? [email protected] General 5 November 29th 05 02:20 AM