Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BoatNewb

Default Mercruiser 470 a POS??

I am new to boating and put a deposit on an 89 Wellcraft 192 with a
Mercruiser 470 4bbl. Alpha 1 outdrive. I have a Marine surveyor coming
to take the outdrive apart and check out the engine. Ran a hose through
outdrive- hard starting, but ran well after warming up (didn't run it
in the water). Whiteish-blue smoke- dealer said it was winterized and
hasn't been started all year was cause of smoke and hard start. 270
hours. I actually was told this was a good engine and a great outdrive.
Seems like a good deal on the boat, but should I walk away and go for a
94 SeaRay 5.0 Mercruiser 120 hours at almost twice the cost?

Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater General 1 February 10th 06 03:05 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater Power Boat Racing 0 February 8th 06 05:43 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater General 0 February 8th 06 05:43 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater Touring 0 February 8th 06 05:42 PM
Mercruiser TR TRS Joe Boater Crew 0 February 8th 06 05:28 PM