JohnH

Default Don't do it

On 22 May 2006 05:35:59 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

JohnH wrote:
On 19 May 2006 05:14:42 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
Don't install the beta version of Media Player 11. Against my better
judgment I installed a MS beta version of MP11. After installing the
software, I started to have problems with Windows Media Center and
Comcast Photoshow.

I have rolled back my software and I am still having problems with the
software.

I have always considered MS final release to be beta until it has been
on the market for at least 6 months, I should have known better.

Look into PC Tools website, and download a free edition of their
registry mechanic, it works, here is the URL:
http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/offer.php

Help. I just downloaded and ran Registry Mechanic. It found 2205 problems.
I'm hesitant to tell it to 'repair' them. I'm afraid the program may think
that reformatting my hard drive may be the solution.

Did you just hit the 'repair' button after running Mechanic?

I'll do nothing until I hear from you.
--
'Til next time,

John H

That's what I did! If it's the free version it won't fix everything
anyway. But, I would back up the registry first, just in case.

Yeah, I found out. The free version fixed about 450 errors, leaving 1700+
unfixed. So they got my $29. Now they're all fixed. And, the machine boots
noticeably faster!

I didn't make a back up, but I did establish a restore point first.
Everything went very smooth though.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Reginald P. Smithers

I can promise you, there is no way CompUSA could be any worse than
Dell's Customer Non Service.

Hopefully you will not need to contact their customer service dept.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/dell_svc.html

JoeSpareBedroom

"Reginald P. Smithers" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can promise you, there is no way CompUSA could be any worse than
Dell's Customer Non Service.

Hopefully you will not need to contact their customer service dept.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/dell_svc.html

Some of those people have obviously never heard of getting their credit card
companies involved in disputes. Stupid, in other words, even though they
have legitimate complaints.

basskisser

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I like using it. I've never had a problem and it does speed up
your machine to get all of the extraneous crap out of your registry.