Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Black Dog

Default Off-topic, not political, but pretty funny

Harry Krause wrote:
From Salon:

When I smelled bacon wafting from my new computer, I was thrilled --
until I realized it was the smell of my thighs igniting.

By Gabriella Papic

May. 15, 2006 | I have figured out why the people in those Apple
commercials are always dancing around, and it has nothing to do with
listening to cool music on their iPods. I'm pretty sure that, like me,
they've used their new MacBook Pro before reading the users guide, and
are having the normal human reaction that occurs when receiving
second-degree burns to the upper thighs.

Part of my job is testing new hardware. We sell tablet and pda based
software, so when the new sleek pretty Fujitsu 3400 tablets (ca 2000)
came out we set to testing them. They failed, a lot, especially if you
had them set to "mobile", a setting which slowed down the cpu to try to
cool the machine and reduce it's battery useage. But HOT! Holy crap!
They were smokin' hot.

At the time we were trying to sell software into hospitals and sell
doctors on carry these things around. The only advantage I could see
over their conventional method is that it is was clipboard and coffee
warmer all-in-one.

We didn't sell a lot of those. The 3500 was a much cooler unit, in
every way.

There was that article around a couple years ago about a guy who got 2nd
degree burns on his private parts from putting a laptop on his lap. I
know, maybe we shouldn't call them "laptops", but geez - don't you think
he'd have noticed when they were only 1st degree burns. Guess it's just
evolution in action.