Default What education?

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
http://www.break.com/movies/suffrage.html

I couldn't believe it.

Blame it on two factors:

1) The camera. There is nothing on the entire planet more vain than
most 17-20 year old little girls. "OOOOUUUUU, lookit! Somebody wants to
take my picture! Cool! And I don't even have to take my clothes off!"

2) The goofy, frat-party attitude of the petition bearer, along with
the color crayoned cartoon font that read "petition" across the top of
the page. Watch it again and ask "how many of the wiggly, giggly little
girls are taking this even the least bit seriously?" I counted maybe
one.

Even so, based on this video it looks like both major parties can stick
to the existing game plan to appeal to future voters. Screw substance
and forget issues- it's all about putting up a good front and appealing
to emotions rather than promoting viable or useful ideas.

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Even so, based on this video it looks like both major parties can stick
to the existing game plan to appeal to future voters. Screw substance
and forget issues- it's all about putting up a good front and appealing
to emotions rather than promoting viable or useful ideas.

Um....huh?

Ending Women's Suffrage, or signing a pettition of any sort, is by
definition a political action.
My point is that it is distressing to watch these young people just
sign on to the first idea that is attractively presented without even
understanding what the implications are. Much like many, if not most,
of their parents do (and regardless of party affiliation). That's the
weakness, if there is one, of democracy. We leave a lot of the
decisions up to the masses, thereby assuring, statistically, that the
country is being directed by people of exactly "average" intelligence.
No, I don't have a better model to suggest nor do I think that we
should abandon democracy- but that is a weakness if there is one. You
only need to package your agenda well enough to convince a sufficient
number of people like we saw in your video and you will carry the day.
Almost scary. :-)

You'll love this:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/invasion.html

Bryan

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

You'll love this:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/invasion.html

Stop! You're hurting me.

Doug Kanter

"Bryan" wrote in message
et...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

You'll love this:
http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/invasion.html

Stop! You're hurting me.

I don't think that was faked, either. Scary, isn't it? Those morons are
allowed to vote and reproduce.

JohnH

On 7 Apr 2006 09:15:22 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

Maybe we should give tests before allowing people to vote? I'd be all in
favor of a simple little test given to the 'masses'.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

CalifBill

wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

This is nota "Democracy"!
..
..
..
..
..
..Representative Republic.

What education? Doug Kanter General 3 April 7th 06 06:56 PM
What education? JohnH General 3 April 7th 06 05:56 PM
State of the Onion Address Bob Crantz ASA 48 February 5th 06 11:19 AM
Bye Bye Tookie Bart Senior ASA 190 December 23rd 05 04:05 PM
Least safe cars!: Thom Stewart ASA 91 December 21st 05 12:03 PM