thunder

Default Yo yo yo - RCE...

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:07:18 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Did you mount it to your windshield? Is it removable and remountable in
another auto?

Just to make you aware, in some states, mounting anything to your
windshield, or your rear-view mirror, is a ticket, impairing driver's
vision, or some such nonsense.
JohnH

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:42:40 -0500, thunder wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:07:18 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Did you mount it to your windshield? Is it removable and remountable in
another auto?

Just to make you aware, in some states, mounting anything to your
windshield, or your rear-view mirror, is a ticket, impairing driver's
vision, or some such nonsense.

The thing comes with a windshield mount, which is why I was asking. After
going back to the site I see its a suction cup mount which would indicate
its removable.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Dan Krueger

thunder wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:07:18 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Did you mount it to your windshield? Is it removable and remountable in
another auto?

Just to make you aware, in some states, mounting anything to your
windshield, or your rear-view mirror, is a ticket, impairing driver's
vision, or some such nonsense.

That should be interesting since there are so many people adding GPS and
satellite radio receivers to their car's windshields. I guess my state
is not one of them since they sell windshield mounted transceivers for
the toll system.

Dan
thunder

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:42:40 +0000, Dan Krueger wrote:

That should be interesting since there are so many people adding GPS and
satellite radio receivers to their car's windshields. I guess my state is
not one of them since they sell windshield mounted transceivers for the
toll system.

Now that you mentioned it, they do here also. To be honest, I don't know
of anyone who has been ticketed for "impaired vision". I only mentioned
it, as I was pulled over this week. The cop saw my radar detector
attached to the windshield and said doing so was illegal. He also
mentioned anything hanging from a rear-view mirror was also illegal.
"Impaired Vision", he called it. Hell, who knew? Thankfully, he didn't
write any tickets.
RCE

"thunder" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:42:40 +0000, Dan Krueger wrote:

That should be interesting since there are so many people adding GPS and
satellite radio receivers to their car's windshields. I guess my state
is
not one of them since they sell windshield mounted transceivers for the
toll system.

Now that you mentioned it, they do here also. To be honest, I don't know
of anyone who has been ticketed for "impaired vision". I only mentioned
it, as I was pulled over this week. The cop saw my radar detector
attached to the windshield and said doing so was illegal. He also
mentioned anything hanging from a rear-view mirror was also illegal.
"Impaired Vision", he called it. Hell, who knew? Thankfully, he didn't
write any tickets.

Cops never complain about my eye patch. Arrrrgghh.

RCE

Dan Krueger

thunder wrote:

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:42:40 +0000, Dan Krueger wrote:

That should be interesting since there are so many people adding GPS and
satellite radio receivers to their car's windshields. I guess my state is
not one of them since they sell windshield mounted transceivers for the
toll system.

Now that you mentioned it, they do here also. To be honest, I don't know
of anyone who has been ticketed for "impaired vision". I only mentioned
it, as I was pulled over this week. The cop saw my radar detector
attached to the windshield and said doing so was illegal. He also
mentioned anything hanging from a rear-view mirror was also illegal.
"Impaired Vision", he called it. Hell, who knew? Thankfully, he didn't
write any tickets.

Selective enforcement is my guess. A radar detector works against them.

Dan