Injam

Default Space Patrol...

Does anyone remember Gallagher? He said "seventy percent of the people are
stupid." So if you want to make the most money from a movie you need to hit
that demographic.

Sincerely,

Injam

"As of last weekend, 36.4 million people had seen this year's five
best-picture nominees in theaters, compared to 173.8 million the year
of "Titanic.""

Then, just to prove a point, which I'm not exactly sure what point was
being made, there is this.

"Tom O'Neil of the awards Web site, theenvelope.com says this year's
Oscar show will probably be the lowest rated ever, but it shouldn't
matter.

"If we judge the success of the Oscars by the number of people who
watch them, then we're as guilty as Hollywood studios who judge the
success of movies by how many people see them," he said."

Um...excuse me, but I thought the whole idea of making a movie is to
entertain the maximum number of people possible in order to make the
maximum amount of money or, as we capitalists put is, ROI.

Honest to pete - these people can't be that stupid - or can they?

John Gaquin

"Injam" wrote in message news:NQEOf.7195

Does anyone remember Gallagher? He said "seventy percent of the people are
stupid." So if you want to make the most money from a movie you need to
hit that demographic.

Gallagher. Gallagher? Are you talking about the guy who made a substantial
income for a few years by doing a "comedy" routine that consisted mainly of
smashing fruit and other things onstage? Well, I guess if anyone could come
away from their career thinking that 70% of the people are stupid, he would
be the one. Given his act and success, I'm surprised his estimate isn't
higher.

Space Patrol... Wayne.B General 2 March 6th 06 05:38 AM
Space Patrol... Bert Robbins General 1 March 5th 06 04:56 PM
Space Patrol... Bert Robbins General 1 March 5th 06 03:28 PM
Space Patrol... DSK General 0 March 5th 06 03:05 PM
Space Patrol... JohnH General 0 March 5th 06 01:04 PM