Jack Redington

Default Speaking of noodlin'..

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

I was watching that video Fisherdude posted yesterday again - a couple
of those fish have got to be in the 30/35 pound range.

However, I always thought noodlin' was using a really long cane pole -
like 12 - 15 feet long to get a way out of the shore. The noodlin'
name came from the whippy length of the cane pole.

I can't wait to get to SC this summer and do some real cat fishin' -
they just don't have cats like that up here.

As I mentioned I have collected a few item's on this. Just because I
thought it was funny. They have alot of different names for it in
different parts of the country. But the most common is Noodlin. Which
one artical I have said that was from the thought that those who did it
must not be using their noodle. IE they are out of their minds.

I think in Texas it is against the law.

Capt Jack R..

Wayne.B

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:41:35 GMT, Jack Redington
wrote:

As I mentioned I have collected a few item's on this. Just because I
thought it was funny. They have alot of different names for it in
different parts of the country. But the most common is Noodlin. Which
one artical I have said that was from the thought that those who did it
must not be using their noodle. IE they are out of their minds.

There have been some stories kicking around in the past about how the
catfish has won the battle on a few occasions by drowning the would be
noodler.

Jack Redington

wrote:

As I mentioned I have collected a few item's on this. Just because I
thought it was funny. They have alot of different names for it in
different parts of the country. But the most common is Noodlin. Which
one artical I have said that was from the thought that those who did it
must not be using their noodle. IE they are out of their minds.

There have been some stories kicking around in the past about how the
catfish has won the battle on a few occasions by drowning the would be
noodler.

Absolutely, On the video I copied from PBS show has a guy talk about a
friend who got his arm stuck under a old road that had been flooded by
the lake that was built. The old road bed sorta tapered into the water
and this guy would grope around where the water had washed out under
some of the old road. They went looking for him and had to had passed
him at least twice. But did not see him. When help arrived they found
him and his head was only about 6 inches short of the surface. Of couse
there is still no air six inches underwater.

Capt Jack R..

Speaking of noodlin'.. Tom G General 2 March 3rd 06 02:47 AM
Speaking of noodlin'.. FishWisher General 0 March 2nd 06 06:27 PM
Speaking of noodlin'.. Doug Kanter General 0 March 2nd 06 04:24 PM
Medical CDs - [Part 1], [Part 2], [Part 3 = MEDLINE 1986-1998] CDs, [Part 4 = Dragon Naturally Speaking CDs, and IBM Via Voice CDs, including Medical Solutions], [Part 5 = Math Solving, and Statistics Porgrams], [Part 6 = Various - Medical Cliparts, [email protected] Tall Ships 0 February 4th 06 08:43 AM