Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Doug Kanter

Default Speaking of noodlin'..

I was watching that video Fisherdude posted yesterday again - a couple
of those fish have got to be in the 30/35 pound range.

However, I always thought noodlin' was using a really long cane pole -
like 12 - 15 feet long to get a way out of the shore. The noodlin'
name came from the whippy length of the cane pole.

I can't wait to get to SC this summer and do some real cat fishin' -
they just don't have cats like that up here.

That's what they call the long poles used around here by people who fish the
salmon runs. They try to dangle (not cast) egg sacs in as natural a way as
possible. They're like surf rods, but longer and lighter.