Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tom G

Default Speaking of noodlin'..

I was watching that video Fisherdude posted yesterday again - a couple
of those fish have got to be in the 30/35 pound range.

However, I always thought noodlin' was using a really long cane pole -
like 12 - 15 feet long to get a way out of the shore. The noodlin'
name came from the whippy length of the cane pole.

I can't wait to get to SC this summer and do some real cat fishin' -
they just don't have cats like that up here.

Where is "up North"? There was a 41, 44, 45, 48, and 55 pound flathead
catfish taken (and released) out of the hole in front of my place on the
Rock River. Illinois, just 5 miles South of the Wisconsin line. And a
little South of here, the Sterling/Rock Falls, IL. dam is famous as a
fishery for these size fish.

Tom G.