JimH

Default Yo - NOYB...

Have you ever heard of a product liability case involving dentures?

Is there a warranty period concerning dentures?

Just curious.

If they break or are otherwise defective and cause personal injury or
physical damage then there certainly could be a product liability claim. I
am sure there are hundreds if not thousands on record.

NOYB

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Have you ever heard of a product liability case involving dentures?

Is there a warranty period concerning dentures?

Just curious.

If they break or are otherwise defective and cause personal injury or
physical damage then there certainly could be a product liability claim.

I've never heard of a product liability claim on a dental appliance.
Usually it's the dentist who gets sued for malpractice. But a denture that
breaks is not malpractice.

JimH

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Have you ever heard of a product liability case involving dentures?

Is there a warranty period concerning dentures?

Just curious.

If they break or are otherwise defective and cause personal injury or
physical damage then there certainly could be a product liability claim.

I've never heard of a product liability claim on a dental appliance.
Usually it's the dentist who gets sued for malpractice. But a denture
that breaks is not malpractice.

That is not to say they do not exist. Although the frequency of the
scenario I presented is low to moderate, the severity could be moderate to
severe.

NOYB

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
news

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Have you ever heard of a product liability case involving dentures?

Is there a warranty period concerning dentures?

Just curious.

If they break or are otherwise defective and cause personal injury or
physical damage then there certainly could be a product liability claim.

I've never heard of a product liability claim on a dental appliance.
Usually it's the dentist who gets sued for malpractice. But a denture
that breaks is not malpractice.

That is not to say they do not exist. Although the frequency of the
scenario I presented is low to moderate, the severity could be moderate to
severe.

I guess you could sue somebody over anything. But as a professional with
some knowledge of this topic, I can tell you that there's not a dentist out
there who hasn't had a denture break at some point in their career.

When you're dealing with malpractice issues, the "standard of care" doctrine
applies. The question becomes : What did the lab or dentist do wrong to
cause the denture to fracture? And did the dentist or lab follow the
standard of care in fabricating the denture?

JimH

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
news

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

Ah..........now you are talking about subrogation based on adequate risk
transfer clauses/agreements between you and the lab.

Regardless.........the initial onus is on you. ;-) And if you do not
have adequate hold harmless or other indemnification clauses in your
contract with that lab................you eat the claim.

The Daily NOYB Updater *JimH* General 25 October 30th 05 02:18 PM
The Daily NOYB Updater NOYB General 0 October 29th 05 02:11 PM
Hey NOYB... about this Syria stuff DSK General 28 October 27th 05 07:09 PM