DSK

Default Hey NOYB... about this Syria stuff

If the Bush Administration has reliable intelligence sources that can
track a single van thru the Bekaa Valley in Syria, why do you think they
couldn't track multiple big tractor-trailer truck loads of WMDs?

Are you rethinking any of this yet?

DSK

PocoLoco

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:33:02 -0400, DSK wrote:

If the Bush Administration has reliable intelligence sources that can
track a single van thru the Bekaa Valley in Syria, why do you think they
couldn't track multiple big tractor-trailer truck loads of WMDs?

Are you rethinking any of this yet?

DSK

He's probably got more important things on his mind right now, like boarding up
his house.

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan
DSK

PocoLoco wrote:
He's probably got more important things on his mind right now, like boarding up
his house.

Are you saying he doesn't have internet access wherever he's evacuated
to? Tsk tsk.

And if Bush *did* cause the hurricanes (as some imply), then he's got
even more reason to make it a priority to re-think his positions on
these things.

DSK

PocoLoco

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:13:23 -0400, DSK wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:
He's probably got more important things on his mind right now, like boarding up
his house.

Are you saying he doesn't have internet access wherever he's evacuated
to? Tsk tsk.

And if Bush *did* cause the hurricanes (as some imply), then he's got
even more reason to make it a priority to re-think his positions on
these things.

DSK

He probably doesn't carry his keyboard and monitor around to answer your
questions while he's nailing and screwing sheets of plywood to his windows!

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan
NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
If the Bush Administration has reliable intelligence sources that can
track a single van thru the Bekaa Valley in Syria, why do you think they
couldn't track multiple big tractor-trailer truck loads of WMDs?

They did:

http://www.free-lebanon.com/LFPNews/...y25/may25.html

"Over the last few months, the intelligence community has received new
evidence that a sizable amount of Iraqi WMD systems, components and
platforms were transferred to Syria in the weeks leading up to the U.S.-led
war in Iraq in March 2003 .

The convoys were spotted by U.S. satellites in early 2003, but the contents
of the WMD convoys from Iraq to Syria were not confirmed. Confirmation later
came from Iraqi scientists and technicians questioned by a U.S. team that
was searching for Saddam's conventional weapons. But all they knew was that
the convoys were heading west to Syria."

NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
If the Bush Administration has reliable intelligence sources that can
track a single van thru the Bekaa Valley in Syria, why do you think they
couldn't track multiple big tractor-trailer truck loads of WMDs?

Are you rethinking any of this yet?

Here's mo

http://reformsyria.org/Archives/docu...ing%20Iraq.pdf

Former head of the Iraq Survey Group, David Kay, has confirmed that Saddam

Hussein sent convoys to Syria full of "Iraqi equipment" that could not be
identified,

and that they could possibly have had weapons of mass destruction. He
confirmed

that senior Iraqi scientific and military officials who would have access to
technical

documentation and knowledge of the programs fled to Syria immediately before
and

during the war. [8] According to intelligence gathering, the major transfer
of WMD

goods from Iraq to Syria and Lebanon occurred between January and March of
2003.

However, the first shipments occurred even before then. In December of 2002,
Israel

claimed that Syria was hiding Iraqi mobile biological weapons labs, chemical
and

biological components and munitions. [9] The shipments were reportedly
negotiated

between Bashar Assad's younger brother, Maher, and Saddam Hussein. Following

their meeting, Syria agreed to harbor WMDs and officials should inspections
begin

again. [10]

Israeli intelligence says that between January 10th and March 10th, the
transfer of

Iraqi chemical (and possibly biological) weapons to Syria and Lebanon's
Bekaa Valley

was completed. They were placed in giant tankers and taken to Syria, and
then to

the Bekaa Valley under the protection of Syrian special forces and air-force

intelligence units. Syrian army engineers then took over supervising the
tankers at

the poppy fields and used special drilling equipment to dig holes
approximately 20-

26 feet across and 82-115 feet deep. The weapons were buried under the poppy

fields grown for heroin and under the rows of cotton plants in two of the
most fertile

regions of Lebanon. This is done because the local population is farmers
(less dense

population) and the poppy and cotton fields will grow over the holes
extremely

quickly. This is at the valley stretching between Jabal Akroum, the town of
al-

Qbayyat and the Syrian border.

Weapons were also hidden at the land between the towns of al-Hirmil and
al-Labwah

between the Orontes River and the Syrian border. Israeli satellite photos
showed it

occurred at night and the crews wore protective suits. The local farmers
were

reportedly bribed into not saying anything, but we can also not rule out
threats.

Intelligence sources indicate that satellite photos prove the whole transfer
here took

place. [11]

NOYB

"DSK" wrote in message
PocoLoco wrote:
He's probably got more important things on his mind right now, like
boarding up
his house.

Electric shutters are a God-send!

Are you saying he doesn't have internet access wherever he's evacuated to?
Tsk tsk.

I will. But I haven't evacuated yet. Tied up the boat, gassed up and
packed up the SUV, and will split tomorrow morning if the models are all
still the same when I wake up.

DSK

NOYB wrote:
They did:

http://www.free-lebanon.com/LFPNews/...y25/may25.html

"Over the last few months, the intelligence community has received new
evidence that a sizable amount of Iraqi WMD systems, components and
platforms were transferred to Syria in the weeks leading up to the U.S.-led
war in Iraq in March 2003 .

The convoys were spotted by U.S. satellites in early 2003, but the contents
of the WMD convoys from Iraq to Syria were not confirmed. Confirmation later
came from Iraqi scientists and technicians questioned by a U.S. team that
was searching for Saddam's conventional weapons. But all they knew was that
the convoys were heading west to Syria."

So, why did we invade Iraq and not Syria? I guess because Syria has no oil?

If the WMDs were in Syria, why didn't we go get them... or at least
unveil them FOR REAL (I mean, does anybody except a few far-rightie
whackos believe this news you quote)?

DSK

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
They did:

http://www.free-lebanon.com/LFPNews/...y25/may25.html

"Over the last few months, the intelligence community has received new
evidence that a sizable amount of Iraqi WMD systems, components and
platforms were transferred to Syria in the weeks leading up to the
U.S.-led war in Iraq in March 2003 .

The convoys were spotted by U.S. satellites in early 2003, but the
contents of the WMD convoys from Iraq to Syria were not confirmed.
Confirmation later came from Iraqi scientists and technicians questioned
by a U.S. team that was searching for Saddam's conventional weapons. But
all they knew was that the convoys were heading west to Syria."

So, why did we invade Iraq and not Syria? I guess because Syria has no
oil?

The convoy was spotted as we were invading Iraq. Iraq is a much more vital
cog in the wheel for our plan in the Middle East. And, yes, oil is *part*
(and only part) of the reason.

If the WMDs were in Syria, why didn't we go get them... or at least unveil
them FOR REAL (I mean, does anybody except a few far-rightie whackos
believe this news you quote)?

Because it was the Russians who helped smuggle the weapons to Syria...and
dealing with Russia is a little bit more complicated than dealing with Iraq.

Regardless, the latest revelation of Syrian ties to the assassination of
Hariri will now force Russia to sit on the sidelines as a case for regime
change is made before the UN against Assad.