K. Smith

Default E-Tec problems?????

my 90 e-tec (2005) blew a powerhead at 37 hours. they say the engine ran
for 29 minutes without oil. the no oil alarm went off once, i checked
the oil tank and there was plenty of oil. and then the alarm never went
off again. i was told that air bubbles can form in the oil line if you
have low oil and tilt the engine up. when you tilt it back down, an air
bubble can form in the oil line. no one claimed that this is what caused
the powerhead failure though. has anyone else had an e-tec powerhead
failure? and if so, what was the reason? also, i have been using the
xd-100 oil and the engine is porperly set-up. it also used way more oil
than they claimed it would. in the 37 hours of use, i filled the oil
tank three times. it blew in the beginning of the third oil tank. i just
got the boat back and after running it for approx. 2 hrs, the no oil
alarm went off again. this time i brought the boat back to the mechanic.
they river tested it and had no alarms go off. i had one oif the first
ficht 150 engines which blew three powerheads in three months. i hope
that i am not going to get burned again......

This is a paste of one from some of the forums, plenty more I'll try to
keep you up to date.

Have you noticed it's failed Ficht people who come back for more???
anyway .................... ego problems??? Certainly an interesting
study in how the minds of some purchasers work or don't work:-); they'll
lie, bully & BS but never admit to themselves what everyone can see
except them; that they've been had well & truly the first time, so they
buy another to prove just how easy it was the first time?? As for those
that buy 2 more?? well what can I say??? Dumber than a dog??

Reggie Smithers

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:12:12 +1100, "K. Smith" wrote:

Have you noticed.........

That there is never a citation?

Gene,
Karen is our consumer advocate. I wonder what percent of new outboards
have powerhead failures due to reasons other than insufficient
lubrication.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Reggie Smithers

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:36:26 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:12:12 +1100, "K. Smith" wrote:

Have you noticed.........

That there is never a citation?

I wonder why that is?

I found the link by doing a Goggle search. It was in hulltruth.com

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Wayne.B

wrote:

Have you noticed.........

That there is never a citation?

I think I saw one at

www.deadhorsebeating.com

Reggie Smithers

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:47:29 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

Gene,
Karen is our consumer advocate. I wonder what percent of new outboards
have powerhead failures due to reasons other than insufficient
lubrication.

Given the presented material, none, unless they are ficht or e-tech.

Did you have any problems typing that with your tongue stuck so firmly
in your cheek?

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

trainfan1

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:12:12 +1100, "K. Smith" wrote:

Have you noticed.........

That there is never a citation?

http://www.google.com/search?q=90+e-...ew+a+powerhead

BUT, let's hear about ALL outboard failures...

Rob
K. Smith

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:12:12 +1100, "K. Smith" wrote:

Have you noticed.........

That there is never a citation?

Sorry Gene but once you have the text it really is a doddle to google it
up. I got abused for using ID's because well the forums are actually
trying to sell this crap like the dealers are, also I don't want to ping
anyones privacy which is fair enough.

I wish you blokes were so keen to make the E-Tec spruikers give any
material at all to back their clearly false claims??

Take this example of recent times, in his sad efforts to support E-Tec
he comes out with total BS & you say nothing??? What are you that lonely
you dare not even ask for fear the bullies won't play with you
anymore??? Don't be, they're just the usual non boating idiots we have
to tolerate around here always have & always will, but at least hold
them to their own blatantly false claims.

paste of just some E-Tec claims all from just one E-Tec spruiker but hey
this one is a true Krausite (please Gene NB he claims "side by side"
testing!!! what a smuck!!!);

dont get the verado - heavy and its a fuel pig. not to mention that
the supercharging is a joke - optimax engines beat the snot out of
verados in side-by-side tests for speed, hole shots, etc.

optimax is reasonably better in fuel efficiency, weight and power.

buy a boat with etecs - lighter, faster, more efficient.

OR (NB Gene he's claiming 34% over the previous yrs Fichts!!!
breathtaking; even by Krause standards)

Above idle the ETec seems to use as much or 0-15% more fuel as other
motors. This is based on the performance data I have seen so far.

interesting - it certainly isnt what i see with mine - we, my partner
and i, saved over 34% fuel based against the previous years fichts.

where did you get the performance data from?

OR Gene!!!! Read this "cruising" @ 35MPH on his claimed E-Tecs 8-11 US
gph!!!!! The contender with twin 225 anythings will be almost 30 gph at
35mph.

really? and you base this one what?

Thats the way BRP shaped the pistons to help distribute the fuel around
the sparkplug in lean burn. As why it is not so efficient at higher
rpms ... Any book about combustion engine design will tel

bull****. i average a little around 8 to 11 gph at cruise which is 35
mph. thats a damn sight better than any four stroke or two cycle on
the market today.

and who the hell cruises at wot?

OR (NB again Gene 30%!!!! imagine 30% less fuel!!! you'd see it on the
evening news, the Arabs would be bombing Canada:-))

Dont get me wrong .. I think the ETecs are great motors and I am close
to getting one ... but its just that from the data I have seen, their
fuel efficieny is just not better as 4stroke or Optimax.

what kind of - data - are you looking for? compared to what other
boats use for fuel in my marina, similar boats - regulators, bluefins,
and one contender with twin hpdi yamahas - compared to mine with
optimaxes, i use less fuel by at least 30% - in fact, one guy is
selling his optimaxes with less than 400 hours on them to get etecs.

OR;- do you really think this nuffnuff has any idea what a contender
might weigh, much less that he owns one with twin 225 E-Tecs????? Come
on Gene embarrass yourself as usual & say you think this is for real,
I'll send it to the contender people for you:-)

selling his optimaxes with less than 400 hours on them to get etecs.

let me hear what the results are .. I honestly doubt he will save fuel
by doing that..

we will see - i'm betting he saves at least 20%. ill know by the end
of feb which is when he takes delivery.

i can tell you that i get the exact same gph rate with the contender
fisharound (31 foot long) that is 7,000 pounds heavier than its
predecessor. a contender 31 cc. the cc had 225 fichts, the fisharound
has 225 etecs.

OR ................ well that's enough for now:-)

But when the "real" side-by-side tests for speed, hole shots, etc.
facts arrived it was just another lie!!! as big & false as any the
dealers will tell:-) Except this one tries to gain cred by claiming to
have bought 2 of these slow, heavy, expensive & fuel hungry things &
that's not even mentioning the risks related to the Ficht based design &
you say nothing??? Cowards you really are.

Paste of the truth about false advertising at it's best;

I'm sorry to provide a contradictory data point, courtesy of the folks at Bass and Walleye Boats. In the 12/2005 issue they had the 200HP DFI shootout where they compared the Optimax, HPDI, and Etec on identical bass boats. In Optimum Fuel Economy, the Etec was last at 4.4 mpg, compared to 5.5 on the HPDI and 5.8 for the Optimax. At WOT it was 3.7 for the etec, 4.2 for the merc, and 4.1 for the yamaha.

Top speeds were almost identical.

0-30 hole shot was 8.2 for the etec, 7.6 for the Optimax, and 6.7 for the HPDI.

And list price was highest for the etec.

Note, the hulls were weighed and made to be exactly the same.

All setups were done by the bass cat factory folks

Here is a quote "After all the emissions and mileage hype from Evinrude, we expected the E-Tec HO tr really put a hurtin' on the other two when it came to the fuel fillup. Yet that was not the case at all."

& the answer the E-Tec BS'ter gives is & you'll love this it's the
admission & final confirmation that all his E-Tec claims are nothing
more than BS.

I'm sorry to provide a contradictory data point, courtesy of the folks
at Bass and Walleye Boats. In the 12/2005 issue they had the 200HP DFI
shootout where they compared the Optimax, HPDI, and Etec on identical
bass boats. In Optimum Fuel Economy, the Etec was last at 4.4 mpg,
compared to 5.5 on the HPDI and 5.8 for the Optimax. At WOT it was 3.7
for the etec, 4.2 for the merc, and 4.1 for the yamaha.

bull....

Yet the original BS'ter who I suspect doesn't even have an E-Tec by the
way, you let off scott free??? none of you even ask??? Pathetic no
wonder you get ripped off by this low injection pressure, lean mixtures
at power, continuous spark, no proper lubrication mumbo jumbo, you've
been warned ............................. again:-)

Skipper

"K. Smith" wrote:

I wish you blokes were so keen to make the E-Tec spruikers give any
material at all to back their clearly false claims??

Take this example of recent times, in his sad efforts to support E-Tec
he comes out with total BS & you say nothing??? What are you that lonely
you dare not even ask for fear the bullies won't play with you
anymore??? Don't be, they're just the usual non boating idiots we have
to tolerate around here always have & always will, but at least hold
them to their own blatantly false claims. paste of just some E-Tec claims
all from just one E-Tec spruiker but hey this one is a true Krausite.

Yep, Krauses and his butt sniffers like Gene know nothing about boats
and real boating.

Oh Gene!!!! Read this, "cruising" @ 35MPH on his claimed E-Tecs 8-11 US
gph!!!!! The contender with twin 225 anythings will be almost 30 gph at
35mph.

Does no good confusing Krausites with phacts.

OR;- do you really think this nuffnuff has any idea what a contender
might weigh, much less that he owns one with twin 225 E-Tecs????? Come
on Gene embarrass yourself as usual & say you think this is for real.
I'll send it to the contender people for you:-)

Again, it does no good providing phacts to the Kloistered Krause Krowd.
They generate their own truths. They have ruined a once great NG with
their mind-numbing ignorance and BS.

But when the "real" side-by-side tests for speed, hole shots, etc.
facts arrived it was just another lie!!! as big & false as any the
dealers will tell:-) Except this one tries to gain cred by claiming to
have bought 2 of these slow, heavy, expensive & fuel hungry things &
that's not even mentioning the risks related to the Ficht based design &
you say nothing??? Cowards you really are.

Impossible the educate a stone, Karen.

Yet the original BS'ter who I suspect doesn't even have an E-Tec by the
way, you let off scott free??? none of you even ask??? Pathetic no
wonder you get ripped off by this low injection pressure, lean mixtures
at power, continuous spark, no proper lubrication mumbo jumbo, you've
been warned ............................. again:-)

So true!

--
Skipper
billgran

"K. Smith" wrote:

Oh Gene!!!! Read this, "cruising" @ 35MPH on his claimed E-Tecs 8-11 US
gph!!!!! The contender with twin 225 anythings will be almost 30 gph at
35mph.

Come
on Gene embarrass yourself as usual & say you think this is for real.
I'll send it to the contender people for you:-)

Well, once again Karen is "blown out of the water" with actual facts.

Here are the performance results with twin 2006 250hp E-TECs that only
consume 20.7 gph at about 35 mph on a heavy 30' SeaCraft, less than 11
gph per motor, just like Gene said.

That is so much better fuel economy than Karen's contention that a boat
that size should burn 30 gph at 35 mph!

Twin 250 E-TEC - 30' SeaCraft
19" Rebel - 3 blade props

RPM MPH GPH MPG
500 2.2 0.36 6.0
1000 5.7 1.46 3.9
1500 7.9 2.97 2.6
2000 9.0 5.98 1.5
2500 14.7 12.22 1.2
3000 21.4 14.20 1.5
3500 29.0 17.19 1.7
4000 35.3 20.70 1.7
4500 41.0 24.45 1.7
5000 46.2 31.59 1.5
5400 48.7 37.84 1.3

Skipper

billgran wrote:

Twin 250 E-TEC - 30' SeaCraft
19" Rebel - 3 blade props

RPM MPH GPH MPG
500 2.2 0.36 6.0
1000 5.7 1.46 3.9
1500 7.9 2.97 2.6
2000 9.0 5.98 1.5
2500 14.7 12.22 1.2
3000 21.4 14.20 1.5
3500 29.0 17.19 1.7
4000 35.3 20.70 1.7
4500 41.0 24.45 1.7
5000 46.2 31.59 1.5
5400 48.7 37.84 1.3

spruik
verb

(Austral & NZ)
spruiked, spruiking
1. slang
Said especially of showmen, salesmen, etc: to speak in public,
especially at length and using ornate language.
Derivative: spruiker
noun

Etymology: Early 20c.

--
Skipper

Problems with Navico corus windset Peter Electronics 4 September 22nd 06 02:26 AM
Nanni Diesel Engine Problems [email protected] General 10 February 3rd 06 02:41 PM
Diesel starting problems Matt Cruising 5 November 22nd 05 03:02 AM
More colon problems! Bob Crantz ASA 6 October 20th 05 01:07 PM