JimH

Default Dr. Vinyl

I am picking up 2 boat cushions from our local Doctor Vinyl tomorrow. These
seating cushions had small punctures, each less than 2 inches in diameter.

I will be paying $64 for the repairs, certainly better than having them
reupholstered.

I will let you know how good the repairs were using this franchise vinyl
repair service.

JimH wrote:
I am picking up 2 boat cushions from our local Doctor Vinyl tomorrow. These
seating cushions had small punctures, each less than 2 inches in diameter.

I will be paying $64 for the repairs, certainly better than having them
reupholstered.

I will let you know how good the repairs were using this franchise vinyl
repair service.

Wow. They got you for $64? Not that it isn't worth it, based on the
service rendered and the fact that you should be able to continue using
the cushions without reupholstering or replacing them, but if they are
going to charge that kind of dough it's easy to see why they asked you
to "drop them off and pick them up after we have had a chance to fix
them." Most people would gripe pretty loudly about a $64 bill for a
couple of minutes work.

When I was in the automobile business, these vinyl repair guys would
work their way up and down auto row and make repairs to seats. They
could take out cigarette burns, rips,
punctures, you name it. A typical small repair used to cost $2-3
dollars, and a good vinyl repairman can do ten or fifteen such repairs
in an hour. A major blowout would run maybe ten bucks.

I don't think there's any such thing as "marine vinyl", anymore than
there's "marine" sandpaper. :-)

However, if your option was paying $64 for a patch vs. a few hundred
for new cushions it sounds like you made a good choice.

Dr. Vinyl JimH General 8 January 15th 06 01:57 AM
35s5 hated by owners!!! Capt. Rob ASA 4 January 3rd 06 03:23 PM
Need a Year-Round Plan for Protecting a Trailered Boat from UV and Mildew [email protected] General 15 December 15th 05 05:19 PM
Vinyl coated stainless Robert or Karen Swarts Boat Building 5 October 6th 05 01:00 AM