Default Fess up guys

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Hey, I'm not dumb, I showed her the receipt!!!

You have a receipt showing that you're not dumb? Did Penn State sell it to
you? Or Georgia Tech?

NOYB, I see you just aren't able to take control of your life, and have
once again reverted to you childish, petty, inane blather. Grow up.

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
I am not a big fan of special days the Greeting Card Company's made up,
including Valentines Day and Sweetest Day, but miss Valentines Day and
you
may be in hot water.

My wife and I have been married 24 years (come August) and I do not need
these holidays to show her how much I love her....I try to do it
everyday.
However I did get her a card and some chocolate covered pretzels (her
favorite) and I got a big hug and kiss for doing so.

Time to confess..........did you remember (if so, what did you get her),
forget or just blow it off (and what was her reaction)?

I ordered flowers via teleflora.com and they never got delivered. I'm
****ed this morning. Called them and they were just like "Oh, sorry,
we'll reimburse your credit card". I told them, are you really that
stupid to think that I'm just worried about the money? Damn it, I
wanted those flowers delivered to her work. It just goes to show you,
you can't trust anybody to do a damned thing. I mean, what to hell, all
they do is contact the local florist who is on their Teleflora network
with the information. They take the flowers, and deliver them. You'd
think they could get that right.....

I got burned like that many years ago, and changed my tactics as a result. I
found a florist near my wife's office, walked in, and asked if they had
customers they delivered to regularly. They did, and they said they kept a
file of what each customer liked. I said "Put me in your file, and let's go
pick out some flowers, because I've never seen a predetermined arrangement
that I like. Make like you're walking through a garden with scissors". After
that, all I needed to do was call them. They always did a great job.

James

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
[...]

I have all you guys beat.

Got her a Bill Dance signature, Quantum, Spinning rod and reel combo.
James

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
[...]

The thing is, though, that the flowers DO come from a local florist.
It's just the Teleflora network. I'd bet that the local Teleflora
florist did, indeed get the order, but failed to deliver.

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
[...]

Probably, but dealing direct, you're more to them than a slip of paper, or
characters on a computer screen. You can walk in and bitch.

Reggie Smithers

wrote:
Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
JimH wrote:
[...]

Bassy,
The florist was probably overloaded with local work, and decided to
focus on the jobs where they did not share the profit with Teleflora
network. Teleflora is nice when you are sending flowers out of town,
for local work call them direct, and they get all the profit.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

N.L. Eckert

JimH wrote:
I am not a big fan of special days the Greeting Card Company's made up,
including Valentines Day and Sweetest Day, but miss Valentines Day and
you may be in hot water.
My wife and I have been married 24 years (come August) and I do not need
these holidays to show her how much I love her....I try to do it
everyday. However I did get her a card and some chocolate covered
pretzels (her favorite) and I got a big hug and kiss for doing so.
Time to confess..........did you remember (if so, what did you get her),
forget or just blow it off (and what was her reaction)?
==================================

Being a retired American Greetings sales rep, I can't sympathize with
you. Valentines day is the second biggest holiday for card sales and it
put a lot of money in our pockets. And its the only one that men
outnumber the gals in buying. Also, about 70 % of those sales are on
the 13th of Feb. Sweetest Day, actually, the candy companies
invented that one, but the card companies jumped on the bandwagon
immediately. Over the years, the little lady has told me, "Don't buy
me roses!" I figured since she is Scot, she was just being frugal, so
this year I cast caution to the winds and got her roses and it turns out
she's allergic to them.......back to the store for carnations...

Happy boating, Norm

Tom

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:04:29 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

I am not a big fan of special days the Greeting Card Company's made up,
including Valentines Day and Sweetest Day, but miss Valentines Day and you
may be in hot water.

My wife and I have been married 24 years (come August) and I do not need
these holidays to show her how much I love her....I try to do it everyday.
However I did get her a card and some chocolate covered pretzels (her
favorite) and I got a big hug and kiss for doing so.

Time to confess..........did you remember (if so, what did you get her),
forget or just blow it off (and what was her reaction)?

Had to go out of town so I left a card and her favorite candy hidden
in the garage. Called and told her where to look and promised flowers
and dinner upon my return. Got home last night and had a dozen
chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge. Yum......

Thanks Guys - You really helped a lot Bob La Londe Boat Building 0 December 19th 05 05:12 PM
OT - Wise Guys Vito ASA 2 December 16th 05 01:17 AM
Hey guys, can you help me out over here? [email protected] General 9 December 1st 05 04:38 AM
Boating related topic (sorry, guys)...NA circumnavigation report [email protected] General 0 November 28th 05 04:43 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM