Default Hey guys, can you help me out over here?

I didn't feel the need to cross-post this. .
THANKS!
Tim

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...591e0d461b0696

As a side note, why do you post through Google?

Uh, why not. i have a google email and I used to post through AOL
which was actually pretty lame as a newsgroup server, then they quit a
few months ago so I got a google acct and took off with it

I'm all for doing things on the cheap, in particular if it's a good deal,

it was easy, free, and available....

Bert Robbins

As a side note, why do you post through Google?
Tom

Tom, do you want a gmail account invite? if yes send me a message at
brobbins (at) erols (dot) com with your e-mail address and I'll send you an
invite.

Bert

Sir Rodney Smithers

I would not buy a trihull for anything but a small lake without any waves or
wakes. They are ok for flat water only, in any kind of chop they pound
unbelievable and you will need to slow down to a crawl.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I didn't feel the need to cross-post this. .
THANKS!
Tim

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...591e0d461b0696

P Fritz

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:15:01 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:37:42 -0500, "Bert Robbins"

As a side note, why do you post through Google?
Tom
Tom, do you want a gmail account invite? if yes send me a message at
brobbins (at) erols (dot) com with your e-mail address and I'll send

you an
invite.

Thanks anyway, but I'll pass. I'm on an anti-Google kick at the
moment. I'm waiting for the stock to drop to 26 and ruin the
portfolios of a bunch of people when it hits 500 and everybody
realizes that the price/earnings ratio is absurd and that they are
holding nothing more than a bunch of computers and intrusive
information on everybody in the world.

It's going to happen and I think it's going to happen in the next year
or so.

I'll be giggling all the way to the bank. :)

Stock prices have nothing to do with reality.

No - really?!?!?!?

Wow - what a revelation.

And is pretty much what I said.

Later,

Tom

It has everything to do with reality....simply a matter of supply and
demand.........and when the demand drops, so will the price.

Now the truely "detached from reality" item was the "Pet Rock"

But then, someone laughed all the way to the bank on that one.

You don't want a tri-hull for the ride - it sucks. I'm all for doing
things on the cheap, in particular if it's a good deal, but if you are
looking for comfortable ride, this ain't gonna provide much for you at
all. These things are also heavy which can be problematic.

Thanks!

I do rememebr riding in some tri-hulls that were like riding in a Mack
Truck, but my brother has a 19 ft. Cobalt Tri-hull with 165 hp.
mercruiser alpha one, and it really isn't too bad. naturally, not as
smooth as a v hull but suprisingly stable and it doesn't buck even on
some pretty mild waves and chops. is there that much difference in the
hull designs of tri-hulls?

William Andersen

Amen. I had a 16' trihull with a Merc 65 outboard in 1969. It was a great
boat for our young family and neighbors, fishing and waterskiing: lots of
space inside due to the flat floor. But we could only enjoy it when the
water was calm. If there was any chop, not only did it pound, but we got
soaked from the spray. Once the bow came up on plane there was nothing but
flat bottom to smack the water's surface.
"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
I would not buy a trihull for anything but a small lake without any waves
or wakes. They are ok for flat water only, in any kind of chop they pound
unbelievable and you will need to slow down to a crawl.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I didn't feel the need to cross-post this. .
THANKS!
Tim

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...591e0d461b0696

Jack Goff

wrote:

Stock prices have nothing to do with reality.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

Give that man a cigar. He just put into writing that he realizes the
fallacy of the Clinton years.

The big stock market boom had *nothing* to do with reality.

P. Fritz

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:54:30 -0500, "P Fritz"

. ..
wrote:

[...]

It's more complicated than that.

Not really.

Markets are generated by want, not
need.

It still comes down to supply and demand......there are 'x' number of
stock shares, and 'y' number of buyers for those shares.

Most markets are based on goods and services, but in trading
stocks and bonds, the market is not as much based in reality as in
perception.

The 'reality' is people wanting those shares........nobody ever said
anything about that 'want' being rational

Google is a diaster waiting to happen.

No ****

It's already
represents about 1/3 of the market base and when the bubble bursts,
you'd see post-911 price index's all over again. In truth, the demand
is based on nothing more than an idea that Google is worth more than
the building it's sits in. It doesn't make anything, it's worth is
only an idea and concept.

It will collapse.

Really.....say it isn't so :-)

Now the truely "detached from reality" item was the "Pet Rock"

Or the Hula Hoop, the Popiel Pocket Fisherman and Hair in A Can.

But then, someone laughed all the way to the bank on that one.

Ron Popiel in fact. :)

Oh.....I forgot "beanie babies" and cabbage patch kids.

Later,

Tom

Thanks guys for all the input.

Even though i thought the tri-hull was reasonably priced. it should
have a different owner....but not me.

It is a TRUE Tri-hull, with a tobogan like nose, and after looking at
my brothers today, there IS a big difference. My brothers evidently is
a "modified" wich is like a V with wings, instead of the twin tunnels.
No wonder his would be smoother.

But even though "gas hogs" I would like to have a moderately big
outboard some time . 85-145 hp.

Thanks again!

Tim

Boating related topic (sorry, guys)...NA circumnavigation report [email protected] General 0 November 28th 05 04:43 PM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM