Doug Kanter

Default Poor Dick Cheney - the saga continues (guffaw)

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Armstrong said Whittington walked up behind Cheney without announcing he
was there and was "peppered pretty good" when Cheney turned to fire at
quail.

Walked up behind him? Damn..this is even more stupid than previously
described.

JohnH

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:03:39 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Armstrong said Whittington walked up behind Cheney without announcing he
was there and was "peppered pretty good" when Cheney turned to fire at
quail.

Walked up behind him? Damn..this is even more stupid than previously
described.

You know, when I'm out on "the farm" shooting with "the guys," there's
usually only one or two of us shooting at one time, and the rest of us
stand behind the shooters, because we know they aren't dumb enough to
turn around and shoot in our direction. They're concentrating on targets
in front of them or to their sides (but only to a certain point).

If you aren't conscious of the other guys in your hunting party, and
their whereabouts at all times, you shouldn't be out there with a firearm.

Unlike the manufactured targets, quail have been known to fly in all
different directions, including behind the shooter. That's another reason
someone coming up behind shooters should damn sure announce their presence.
I don't know where you get the idea that one never shoots 'behind' him,
unless you mean look one way and shoot the other.

Have you ever done any quail or pheasant hunting, Harry?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****