NOYB

Default Twenty greatest fishing spots on Earth (according to Sal****er Sportsman)

Ascension Bay, Mexico
Bimini, Bahamas
Charlotte Harbor, Florida
East Cape, Baja, Mexico
Florida Keys
Hatteras, North Carolina
Isla Coiba, Panama
Iztapa, Guatemala
Kona, Hawaii
La Guaira Bank, Venezuela
Lizard Island, Australia
Lower Biscayne Bay, Florida
Martha's Vineyard
Midnight Lump, Venice, Louisiana
Montauk, NY
Ocracoke Island, N. Carolina
Papua New Guinea
Pinas Bay, Panama
Prince of Wales Island, Alaska
Rio Colorado, Costa Rica

Kansas and the west coast of the US (excluding Alaska) did not make the
list.

RCE

I fhsed the Midnight Lump before anybody ever knew it existed. :)

Ever do an overnighter at the Canyons?

RCE

RCE

news
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:41:35 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

. ..

I fhsed the Midnight Lump before anybody ever knew it existed. :)

Ever do an overnighter at the Canyons?

Not on my Contender, but I have done it on a 47' Post and a 52'
Hatteras.

It's a fun experience.

Yeah. Once is enough for me though. We left Scituate at 2 in the morning
on a friend's boat, fueled somewhere on the south Cape side and got on
station late in the morning. Fished all day and all night. We stopped at
Oak Bluffs for fuel, then back to Scituate. Never been so tired in my life.
These guys do this all the time, or used to until the fuel prices went up.

Not for me.

RCE

How fortunate we are here in south Florida to live so close to 4 of
these spots. Too bad Snipper seems to have gotten confused over the
difference between Bonefish and boneheaded.

I certainly have to agree with the inclusion of Martha's Vineyard based
on my experiences there. It is one of those places where the fish
almost jump into the boat.

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
How fortunate we are here in south Florida to live so close to 4 of
these spots. Too bad Snipper seems to have gotten confused over the
difference between Bonefish and boneheaded.

He's still confused about the difference between sheepshead and sheephead.

On 2006-02-13 15:48:47 -0500, "NOYB" said:

Ascension Bay, Mexico
Bimini, Bahamas
Charlotte Harbor, Florida
East Cape, Baja, Mexico
Florida Keys
Hatteras, North Carolina
Isla Coiba, Panama
Iztapa, Guatemala
Kona, Hawaii
La Guaira Bank, Venezuela
Lizard Island, Australia
Lower Biscayne Bay, Florida
Martha's Vineyard
Midnight Lump, Venice, Louisiana
Montauk, NY
Ocracoke Island, N. Carolina
Papua New Guinea
Pinas Bay, Panama
Prince of Wales Island, Alaska
Rio Colorado, Costa Rica

Puzzling that they include BOTH Hatteras and Ocracoke...yet no mention of
the Chesapeake Bay?

Why is that puzzling?

Skipper

NOYB wrote:

[...]

Look, let's get real here. Sal****er Sportsman is an East Coast rag
promoting the fished out polluted waters of the *East Coast*. Their 20
best fishing spots is a figment of some marketing type's imagination.
Every fair and open minded person with real knowledge and experience
knows the best fishing is on the West Coast and Pacific. That's just a
phact.

For you local waters only Eastern dudes who really don't know the
difference, just go to your local grocery store and compare avocados.
You know, those Hass vs Floriduh types...that should open your eyes to
the truth without having to trailer to good waters.

And it's not just the quantitative differences of the two coasts. There
are huge qualitative differences to consider. West Coast fish put up
much bigger fights. Most Eastern fish still floating in those wretched
waters could only impress sissies. Toughest fight you're likely to
encounter in Floriduh waters is by snagging a clump of sargasso.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

Yeah, right...some dickwad of a latter-day Nazi like you...has the skinny.

Just reporting phacts, Krause. Did you finally tire of the poor East
Coast fishing? Is that why you're trying to dump that Parker for
something towable? Sal****er Sportsman is an East Coast rag, you know.
Are you *really* impressed with the Chesapeake fishing, Krause? If so,
ignorance is truly blessed.

--
Skipper
NOYB

"Skipper" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

[...]

Trolling, trolling, trolling. Keeps those wagons trolling...

Nevertheless, there is nothing factual in anything you wrote except the part
about avocados. Now if you could just find a link between avocados and
fishing, you might be on to something.