Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Don White

Default HDTV set up

Finally, the tv was delivered yesterday and the cable guy showed up at
1500 today to do his thing.
Here we only have 9 real HDTV stations in the high channel range 602 - 610.

Tv is beautiful on those and a bit less so on the remaining channels.
One tricky thing is choosing the correct 'screen mode'.
I set it up so the HDTV fills the screen, but the normal channels have
the black bars on each side. They just don't look right if I go to full
screen or zoom or wide zoom.
I have to get the Sony salesman out to the house to make sure I have the
set programmed for maxium clarity.
The cable guy gave me a HDMI cable to run between the box and tv and an
optical audio cable for DVR cable box/home theater system.
Now when I get my new DVD player I may use component cables for that.
The TV only has one HDMI input and it would be too much trouble moving
the HDMI cable between the DVR box and the DVD player as the salesman
suggested.

Ping: Don White and RCE JimH General 19 February 5th 06 11:14 PM
Yikes! Consumer Electronic Rip... Doug Kanter General 55 January 9th 06 09:36 PM