Reggie Smithers

Default funny - kinda - story...

RCE wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:01:22 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message

If you want to see danger personified, go look at abpso and find the
'smart
dog.jpg' picture.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Here's a "smart" dog. Wonder if he's a graduate of Tom's dog academy ...

RCE

That dog would give my bearded collie a run for her money in the lack of
intelligence arena!
--
'Til next time,

John H

After watching the clip several times, I am convinced this dog was trained
to do this.
Listen carefully at the very beginning .... you will hear what sounds like
someone giving the dog a command.

RCE

He was either trained or they had a fishing line attached to his paw.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Black Dog

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Don't know about dogs...but guns & cigarettes are on the way out.

Guns: Yeah. Just wait until Jamaican drug dealers pick YOUR town as a nice
place to land with cargo. You'll be writing to your MP begging to get the
laws changed.

Don't quite understand that response. IIRC Don lives in Halifax, a port
town that has a LOT of goods passing through it, including Jamican dope.
(I used to live around there back in the '70's, trust me on this one)
What difference would it make to Don to be armed?

Don't get me wrong. I didn't vote Liberal (I usually do because I like
the Liberal in our riding) in the last election because Paul Martin
promised to ban handguns. Since the Ontario government cancelled the
spring bear hunt six years ago I have rarely gone for a walk in the bush
unarmed (too many hungry bears). I think we have too many gun controls
in this country. I believe, like many Americans, that it is a good idea
to have firearms in case the government and/or police turn against the
people (working in Sri Lanka in the late '80's showed me what could
happen if the population is disarmed and people cannot defend themselves
against police, military, insurgents and rebels).

But how is having a gun is gonna help Don protect himself from Jamican
drug dealers? They generally fight amoungst themselves anyway, the
occasional innocent gets caught in the crossfire (ie, boxing day in
Toronto). But even if that innocent girl had had a gun on her, it
wouldn't have saved her unless the bullet that hit her bounced off said gun.

Excuse me, now I need a cigarette.
Doug Kanter

"Black Dog" wrote in message
.. .
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Don't know about dogs...but guns & cigarettes are on the way out.

Guns: Yeah. Just wait until Jamaican drug dealers pick YOUR town as a
nice place to land with cargo. You'll be writing to your MP begging to
get the laws changed.

Don't quite understand that response.

More drugs = more users. Often leads to more burglaries by users who can't
afford the insane prices caused by said drugs being illegal. Good to have a
gun in the house. I realize that the proximity of the shipping point may not
necessarily mean more users. But, it might, too.

JohnH

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 02:30:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 01:28:17 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:57:25 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

om...

and he was well vetted by me - im very good at this having done it for
most of my life.

I'll send you my son for a week and you can vet him, too. Teen nonsense
du
jour "I don't care what the IRS rules are - I'm not doin' it that way".
(Never mind what "that" is - it doesn't really matter). :-)

Doug, I've spent the past two weeks babysitting a class of 7th Grade
math
kids after a teacher said she'd had enough. Your kid's a jewel compared
most of that crew. Love him to death!

It's only 2/3 of the way through the year and the math teacher had
enough???
What was her problem?

Only half way through, end of second quarter. Her problem was the lack of
support from the principal in helping with discipline of students. Today I
put two kids out of the room and wrote four disciplinary referrals. It
will
be interesting to see what action the principal takes.
--
'Til next time,

John H

Something's seriously wrong there, or probably everywhere.

In my senior year, I was taking an AP biology course from the most feared
teacher in the district. Mid-April, I decided I needed a day off. Found my
way into the woods with my girlfriend. Luckily, we still had our pants on.
The teacher left the class with instructions to finish their lab work, found
us in the woods, and literally dragged us by our ears back to class. This
was about 1/4 mile away, behind the school. Got home and found my parents
had been informed by the teacher that I'd be pumping gas for the rest of my
life if this behavior continued (this, with a 97 average). Came to school
the next day and was "invited" to the principal's office. Got to bio class
and found my desk was now in the back row. Ms. Fullerton made sure the stink
followed me for about two weeks.

If I were a teacher now, I'd do exactly the same thing.

Key word - 'parents', plural. At least three of the worst behaved in the
class are from broken homes, all living with mother only.

These kids are from families whose parents have very little interest in
their child's education, for the most part. The mother of one of them *is*
interested, but cannot control her son. He yells at his mother during
parent/teacher conferences.

Of 127 students in this teachers classes, 31 had an 'F' at the end of 2d
Quarter. These kids will *not* be seen in any AP classes!

You deserved what you got. Shame on you!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Black Dog

JohnH wrote:

Key word - 'parents', plural. At least three of the worst behaved in the
class are from broken homes, all living with mother only.

I heard an interesting stat last May, I don't remember the exact numbers
but, in a nutshell, Mother's Day is always very busy in our Federal
Penitentiaries, almost everyone at least requests a card. Very few
requests are made for Father's Day. Conclusion - most of the guys
behind bars were raised in single-parent mother-only homes.

Stella

OT Good News story Don White General 8 February 2nd 06 10:20 PM
Sink a Pearson Ensign? It's an Electra, but interesting story Jim Cruising 0 January 31st 06 02:28 AM
On topic war story....... [email protected] General 6 January 10th 06 01:10 PM