Don White

Default funny - kinda - story...

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
my wife and i took in a little girl, age 10, out of a broken home for
a long term placement in the middle of december. shes a great kid and
has been a dream, but she is very reticent of the dogs - in particular
my youngest boys dog skippy who is a pit bull/whippet cross - we are
dog sitting while hes in training. skippy has a lot of energy and i
can understand how she wouldnt immediately take to him.

this morning when i got up to take the dogs out for exercise and a
little training i couldnt find skippy.

finally, i let the other two out and opened up the door to her room to
get her up to start getting ready for school and much to my total, but
very happy surprise, there was skippy curled up right next to her on
the bed - happy as a clam.

i got her up, she gave skippy a big hug and asked if skippy could stay
with her at night.

no problem sweetie. :)

You're braver than I am leaving a pit bull dog alone in a room with a
child. Why not get her an English Springer Spaniel or similar dog.
Doug Kanter

and he was well vetted by me - im very good at this having done it for
most of my life.

I'll send you my son for a week and you can vet him, too. Teen nonsense du
jour "I don't care what the IRS rules are - I'm not doin' it that way".
(Never mind what "that" is - it doesn't really matter). :-)

Calif Bill

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:30:46 GMT, Don White
wrote:

[...]

its not a pit bull - its a pit bull/whippet cross and is the sweetest
animal you could ever ask to have - hes a good guy.

and he was well vetted by me - im very good at this having done it for
most of my life.

A pitbull-whippet would have a complex from just it's looks.

Don White

wrote:

[...]

You may be right... but it seems that everytime a pit bull...or pit bull
mix breed attacks up[ here, the owners always swear upside down about
what a sweet/obedient/loving/trustful etc etc pet it was and they don't
understand how the kid/woman got all chewed up.
Reggie Smithers

wrote:

[...]

A Pit Bull is actually a mixed breed dog. From Wikepedia: "A pit bull
is a member of any of a number of breeds of dogs developed from the
English Bulldog. Breeds recognized as pit bulls include the American Pit
Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier, although the name
is also often used to refer to other breeds of similar characteristics,
such as the American Bulldog and Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and mixed
breeds that include any of these breeds."

If you look at the AKC list of breeds (
http://www.akc.org/breeds/complete_b...H_ BUTTON.Y=0)

you will see there is no such breed as a pit bull.

If you look at the Pit Bull laws being enacted you will see that is one
of the problems they have, identifying what is a Pit Bull.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

DSK

Don White wrote:
You may be right... but it seems that everytime a pit bull...or pit bull
mix breed attacks up[ here, the owners always swear upside down about
what a sweet/obedient/loving/trustful etc etc pet it was and they don't
understand how the kid/woman got all chewed up.

True, just like all the cases where a gun "accidentally"
goes off and kills somebody, the owner fo the gun insists
that it is 'always' kept locked up & unloaded etc etc.

The truth is that very few people spend much time with their
dogs these days, training a dog even to half-assed standard
of socialization & behavior is unusual. Go to any suburban
dog park & observe.

The flip side of the equation is that our society seems to
encourage people to stand up for imaginary rights, such as
the right of a person who is neurotically afraid of dogs to
never ever ever see or hear a dog no matter where they go.

Before too much longer, guns & dogs & cigarettes will be
illegal.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

DSK

Doug Kanter

and your point about owners is very well taken. when we have
deliveries here at el rancho nut case, otherwise known as cracker box
palace, delivery men are shocked at how well the dogs behave..

The well behaved ones are spooky.

Doug Kanter

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:40:21 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

. ..

and your point about owners is very well taken. when we have
deliveries here at el rancho nut case, otherwise known as cracker box
palace, delivery men are shocked at how well the dogs behave..

The well behaved ones are spooky.

The most dangerous ones are the ones who have been deliberately trained
not to
bark, or show any other normal aggresive behaviors before attacking.

Sort of like people who shoot 38 co-workers because one of them ate only the
top from his favorite muffin in the office lunch room. "I don't
understand...he was always such a quiet guy. Kept to himself...."

Don White

Don White wrote:

[...]

Don't know about dogs...but guns & cigarettes are on the way out.
Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message

Don't know about dogs...but guns & cigarettes are on the way out.

Guns: Yeah. Just wait until Jamaican drug dealers pick YOUR town as a nice
place to land with cargo. You'll be writing to your MP begging to get the
laws changed.

OT Good News story Don White General 8 February 2nd 06 10:20 PM
Sink a Pearson Ensign? It's an Electra, but interesting story Jim Cruising 0 January 31st 06 02:28 AM
On topic war story....... [email protected] General 6 January 10th 06 01:10 PM