Reggie Smithers

Default Off topic but not political...

I find it all quite amusing.
You can bet the farm that the Good Rev. can't go a day without a dust up
with someone........anyone!

Don,
You might be correct, but nothing is gained by egging anyone else on,
except a NG where we spend all the time flaming each other. If someone
else wants to lose their temper, so be it. Let's just ignore it.
--
Reggie
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
Reggie Smithers

JohnH,
I am wondering why you are thinking about getting a new boat. What features
are you looking for in a new boat, that you current boat doesn't offer?

--
************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.

"JohnH" wrote in message
On 6 Jan 2006 13:30:17 -0800, wrote:

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Harry,
Don't you normally come south for some fishing in the winter? You
planning on coming to Fl. anytime soon?

I'm ready for spring so I can take my daughter back to the lake for
some great skiing and take her fishing for once.

Those past warm days in the first week of Jan. (65 degrees) made me
want to take the boat out, even though the water is waaaay too cold.
It's hard to pass up a nice day.

I suppose I have about 3 months to wait, though....

My boat is in a boatel, which is crammed full of 'winter storage' boats
from slips.
There is no way I could get to my boat if I wanted to, until mid-March or
so. That
relieves a lot of the 'nice day' pressure.

There's always motorcycle riding and golf for those extra nice days!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to
resolve it."
Rene Descartes

JohnH

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 09:12:42 -0500, "Reggie Smithers"
wrote:

JohnH,
I am wondering why you are thinking about getting a new boat. What features
are you looking for in a new boat, that you current boat doesn't offer?

The big change, for me, would be to an outboard and a cabin.

My boat has an I/O which takes up a lot of the space in the boat. The engine cover
isn't totally wasted space, though, because it becomes a bait station, table, seat,
etc., as needed. Without it, I'd have to have a cooler or other surface to perform
the same services.

In cold weather, a cabin would be nice. But, in hot weather they can be sweltering.

Hell, I go through the new boat thing every year, and haven't bought one yet! I
eventually convince myself that my boat is great for what I want to do with it.

wrote:

JohnH,
I am wondering why you are thinking about getting a new boat. What features
are you looking for in a new boat, that you current boat doesn't offer?

The big change, for me, would be to an outboard and a cabin.

My boat has an I/O which takes up a lot of the space in the boat. The engine cover
isn't totally wasted space, though, because it becomes a bait station, table, seat,
etc., as needed. Without it, I'd have to have a cooler or other surface to perform
the same services.

In cold weather, a cabin would be nice. But, in hot weather they can be sweltering.

Hell, I go through the new boat thing every year, and haven't bought one yet! I
eventually convince myself that my boat is great for what I want to do with it.

Actually, on the hottest days on the Bay, the cabin in our Parker is
pleasant. All the windows open, and the white cabintop and sides reflect
an awful lot of heat and sunlight.

On the hottest days in the bay, the fish usually aren't biting anything anyway, or so
it seems. What are you going to use for bait next summer? Have you tried the new
artificial bloodworm substitute yet? (Fishbites ?)

Last year I couldn't find a croaker anywhere.