Bert Robbins

Default Yikes! Consumer Electronic Rip...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I finally got around to looking at the manuals for a TV set and DVD player
we have, and noticed there was a "new" way to hook them up together, with
an "HDMI" cable. The cable is supposed to provide the highest possible
video quality from a DVD to the TV set, and it also carries audio signals.

$100+ for the manufacturer's branded cable, same price for a "Monster"
cable. Unbelievable. The fittings on the cable sort of resemble the flat
ones on a USB cable, but they are not the same.

$100, for what I am sure is a perfectly ordinary cable. I had no idea SONY
had been taken over by the boating industry.

Anyway, I shopped around for a while, and found a no-name supplier who has
the cable for *only* $35. Sheesh. For a 6' cable with two 50-cent ends on
it.

You bought the non-union cable.

Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:

You bought the non-union cable.

Mr Smithers...where are you?
Reggie Smithers

Bert,
During the winter, do you get to do any fishing in your neck of the woods?

************************************************** ************************
If you would like to make rec.boats an enjoyable place to discuss
boating, please do not respond to the political and inflammatory
off- topic posts and flames.

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I finally got around to looking at the manuals for a TV set and DVD player
we have, and noticed there was a "new" way to hook them up together, with
an "HDMI" cable. The cable is supposed to provide the highest possible
video quality from a DVD to the TV set, and it also carries audio signals.

$100+ for the manufacturer's branded cable, same price for a "Monster"
cable. Unbelievable. The fittings on the cable sort of resemble the flat
ones on a USB cable, but they are not the same.

$100, for what I am sure is a perfectly ordinary cable. I had no idea
SONY had been taken over by the boating industry.

Anyway, I shopped around for a while, and found a no-name supplier who
has the cable for *only* $35. Sheesh. For a 6' cable with two 50-cent
ends on it.

You bought the non-union cable.

Dan Krueger

Bert Robbins wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I finally got around to looking at the manuals for a TV set and DVD player
we have, and noticed there was a "new" way to hook them up together, with
an "HDMI" cable. The cable is supposed to provide the highest possible
video quality from a DVD to the TV set, and it also carries audio signals.

$100+ for the manufacturer's branded cable, same price for a "Monster"
cable. Unbelievable. The fittings on the cable sort of resemble the flat
ones on a USB cable, but they are not the same.

$100, for what I am sure is a perfectly ordinary cable. I had no idea SONY
had been taken over by the boating industry.

Anyway, I shopped around for a while, and found a no-name supplier who has
the cable for *only* $35. Sheesh. For a 6' cable with two 50-cent ends on
it.

You bought the non-union cable.

Wait for it...wait....

Oh well... crickets