N.L. Eckert

Default Fishing in Michigan

One Saturday morning I got up early. I put on my long johns. I dressed
quietly. I got my lunch made, grabbed the dog and went to the garage to
hook up the boat to the truck and down the driveway I went. Coming out
of
the garage rain is pouring down; it is like a torrential downpour. There
is snow mixed in with the rain, and the wind is blowing 50 mph.
Minutes later, I returned to the garage. I came back into the house and
turned the TV to the weather channel. I find it's going to be bad
weather
all day long, so I put the boat back in the garage, quietly undressed
and
slipped back into bed.
There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now
with a different anticipation,
and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."
To which she sleepily replies, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out
fishing in that crap?"

nfisherman

N.L. Eckert wrote:
[...]

I know how you feel. I went fishing with a friend last week. While we
were fishing, he told me about the list of things that he had to
promise to do for her when he got home so that she would agree to his
fishing trip.

I told him that I didn't promise a thing. When he wouldn't believe me,
I explained that I just waited until 5:00 a.m. I rolled over in bed
and tapped my wife on the shoulder. When she woke up, I asked "Can I
go fishing or do you want to fool around?" She said "wear a sweater".

nfisherman

Dan Krueger wrote:
nfisherman wrote:

I know how you feel. I went fishing with a friend last week. While we
were fishing, he told me about the list of things that he had to
promise to do for her when he got home so that she would agree to his
fishing trip.

I told him that I didn't promise a thing. When he wouldn't believe me,
I explained that I just waited until 5:00 a.m. I rolled over in bed
and tapped my wife on the shoulder. When she woke up, I asked "Can I
go fishing or do you want to fool around?" She said "wear a sweater".

Old joke.

So? Happy New Year to you. Perhaps you have a joke to add...

Dan Krueger

nfisherman wrote:
Dan Krueger wrote:

nfisherman wrote:

I know how you feel. I went fishing with a friend last week. While we

were fishing, he told me about the list of things that he had to
promise to do for her when he got home so that she would agree to his
fishing trip.

I told him that I didn't promise a thing. When he wouldn't believe me,
I explained that I just waited until 5:00 a.m. I rolled over in bed
and tapped my wife on the shoulder. When she woke up, I asked "Can I
go fishing or do you want to fool around?" She said "wear a sweater".

Old joke.

So? Happy New Year to you. Perhaps you have a joke to add...

Add? This isn't a joke forum - this is rec.boats. Try alt.jokes.

A new, boating related joke might be fine here. Recycled jokes that are
a year old are just lame.

Google is your friend. Start there.

nfisherman

Hey, it was a joke about fishing and therefore sort of boat related and
inline with the previous post. I apologize if I offended your delicate
sensiblities.

New England ice fishing [email protected] General 1 December 19th 05 09:22 PM
New England ice fishing JohnH General 1 December 17th 05 11:51 PM
New commercial fishing regulations considered........ [email protected] General 10 December 17th 05 06:27 AM
fishing from sit in Joe McIntosh General 9 December 17th 05 02:41 AM
Hot Fishing Butch Davis General 4 November 11th 05 12:13 AM