pau11

Default 1st timer

Hi

I have just bought a Simms Super V (yet to buy an engine) as a 1st
boat.

Being a total virgin to this world i am looking for any advice i can
get. Such as what engine should i get, is 115hp plenty enough for
wakeboarding?

How far could i safely take this out (with the max size engine for the
boat)....?

Any tips, advice would be great....cheers

Maynard G. Krebbs

On 31 Dec 2005 06:58:20 -0800, "pau11"
wrote:

Hi

I have just bought a Simms Super V (yet to buy an engine) as a 1st
boat.

Being a total virgin to this world i am looking for any advice i can
get. Such as what engine should i get, is 115hp plenty enough for
wakeboarding?

How far could i safely take this out (with the max size engine for the
boat)....?

Any tips, advice would be great....cheers

You could try "uk.rec.boats.power" or if that fails you
"uk.rec.sailing".
They could tell you more.
Mark E. Williams

JohnH

On 21 Jan 2006 12:30:18 -0800, "super v" wrote:

pau11 wrote:

Hi

I have just bought a Simms Super V (yet to buy an engine) as a 1st
boat.

Being a total virgin to this world i am looking for any advice i can
get. Such as what engine should i get, is 115hp plenty enough for
wakeboarding?

How far could i safely take this out (with the max size engine for the
boat)....?

Any tips, advice would be great....cheers

The ones I found on the internet all had engines from 50 to 75 hp. How big
is the boat? What is the maximum engine size? When you say 'take it out',
my question would be, "Take it out where?"

Can you find a web site which shows the boat you plan to buy? From what
I've seen, I'd be reluctant to take it anywhere but on a calm lake.
--
John H

******Have a spectacular day!******
super v

Hello I have an super v with an 85hp engine. no problem on lakes can
carry 3 adults and one on skis no problem. it also has no problem
towing 3 rings with teenages on board, I am told from various sources
that the boat is well capable of handling up to 6 foot waves however i
will only try this with a second/larger boat as a back up for safety
reasons.