posted to alt.sailing
Nortel

Default German Flag (FLAGGENZERTIFICAT) question!

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for some info on safety equipment (liferaft, fires etc) for
a German flagged boat. I need to move my SY and need to know what the
German law asks as mandatory safety gear.

Thank you in advance !

posted to alt.sailing
Peter Köhlmann

Nortel wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for some info on safety equipment (liferaft, fires etc) for
a German flagged boat. I need to move my SY and need to know what the
German law asks as mandatory safety gear.

Thank you in advance !

It depends. If the boat is for charter, the standards are different. If used
only privately, there are no rules to speak of. Only recommendations, which
are clearly just common sense
--
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of
old ones.

posted to alt.sailing
Nortel

Thanks Peter,

it's used privately, in Italy it is mandatory to have a liferaft,
lifevests and some fires besides VHF that's why I was asking.

Thanks again !