JohnH

Default A little early to ask, but................

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:21:06 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

.......what wax have you used that resulted in the best results?

I have always prepped the hull in Spring (after a wash) with 3M Finesse-It
II and finished with a couple of coats of Collinite Fleet Paste Wax. I use
a Porter Cable 7424 random orbit polisher with various foam and wool pads
for the applications.

During the season while in the water I wax the boat (after a wash) with
Meguiars Flagship Premium wax.........wipe on.....wipe off. We anchor in a
shallow area and away I go.

No complaints to date on these standards but I am always willing to listen
to new ideas or products.

BTW: I am a nut on boat maintenance, including mechanical and cosmetic. I
always found a great payback while owning the boat and when selling it.

The best Mequiars liquid I can find. As the boat is kept indoors, it doesn't weather
much. I've not had to do any rubbing on it at all. Of course, it's only 8 years old.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
JimH

"JohnH" wrote in message
[...]

So what do you use John?

JohnH

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:59:33 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Mirror Glaze on the boat, Gold Class on the Mustang.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Reggie Smithers

Two words : Zaino Bros.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

The best by a long shot.

" JimH" wrote in message
. ..

"JohnH" wrote in message
[...]

"Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name) Smithers wrote in message
Two words : Zaino Bros.

I have read about numerous problems with that product, most especially with
it peeling off as it is not a wax but an overlay over the existing finish.

Waxing your boat? What a bizarre concept. I thought you were supposed
to sail it. My 1985 Nissan truck has 300,000 miles on it and I have
never washed it, thats what rain is for. In 20 years of sailing, I
have never waxed a boat and I am not sure why you people do.

Reggie Smithers

DB,
Washing and waxing (or in my case using Zaino Bros) protects your paint or
gel coat by removing pollution that will actually etch itself into the paint
or gel coat, makes it look better and insures it's resale value for when you
do sell it.

If you haven't washed or waxed your 20 yr old car, I am sure your boat is
the last thing on your agenda.

oups.com...