Reggie Smithers

Default A little early to ask, but................

DB,
Washing and waxing (or in my case using Zaino Bros) protects your paint or
gel coat by removing pollution that will actually etch itself into the paint
or gel coat, makes it look better and insures it's resale value for when you
do sell it.

If you haven't washed or waxed your 20 yr old car, I am sure your boat is
the last thing on your agenda.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Waxing your boat? What a bizarre concept. I thought you were supposed
to sail it. My 1985 Nissan truck has 300,000 miles on it and I have
never washed it, thats what rain is for. In 20 years of sailing, I
have never waxed a boat and I am not sure why you people do.